Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Races.

Go down 
+5
Fuzzlezexion
Bleach_1
Schwinny
Zach_Is_Awesome
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: The Races.   The Races. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 am

I would like everyone to go through the races and choose which ones they would like to see added for sure(pick like your top 3 or something. That way we can add to those races and actually have something coherent on who and what people will be able to play in the game.

Note: I assume we will include all of the races but most will not be playable outside of special events and such.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Zach_Is_Awesome

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I think the "Enfiel" race, the "Elusunud" race, and the "Valoshan" race are all increadable.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I think we should have five different races, including humans.

1. Icaans (They have a great history but I'm not sure what they physically look like)
2. My own, the Valoshans (I put a good bit of work into it and think they would make for good RP)
3. Elusunuds (Well written and I just overall like the race)
4. Theochaltons (I like their concept and we definitely need a more peaceful race)

Also we should have the Demons as an evil sorta race Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Schwinny wrote:

1. Icaans (They have a great history but I'm not sure what they physically look like)
2. My own, the Valoshans (I put a good bit of work into it and think they would make for good RP)
4. Theochaltons (I like their concept and we definitely need a more peaceful race)

Yeah.... i gotta work on my race.... Been swamped with college apps, getting a job, recommendation letters, working for my neighbors, xD.

Pretty much everything BUT school is taking up my time, which you'd think is what should be taking up most of it.

1.Arglaecar(Just noting: I re-read the races, and i'm curious about how demonic the Arglaecar look. Or, if they look similar to humans with demonic attributes, etc. Basically, What type of skin would be needed to play this race?)

I'm not really sure what other races should be in. Some of them need work(like mine, and others) while some feel like they are complete, but don't really.... fit in. That's my opinion, but i'd very much enjoy seeing Arglaecar's in the server.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzlezexion

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I have to vote for the Elusunuds, the Valoshan, and the Enfeil as well. They are all very well balanced, well thought out, and each provides a detailed backstory on how they came to Earth, as well as unique traits for each race, without being OP.

But I do think there should be more info on how each race interacts with the destroyed, irradiated Earth. Since alot of them come from different planets, dimensions, etc., they could bring with them diseases or parasites thst might not affect them, but could be deadly for another if they catch it, or they could be suceptable to diseases and parasites that they've only now been exposed to on Earth. Maybe the plauge from the Enfeil backstory is still carried by a select few of them and affects a few humans who come into contact with them, causing either death or develops telepathy in that human? Or maybe Elusunuds, since they absorb radiation, emit very low levels of it themselves, which could mutate or kill other living things who have prolonged contact with them of extended periods of time, like years? The last one could even explain why if Elusunuds aren't around raditation for a long time, they die. Thier inner reserves run out.

IMPORTANT:
I'm not trying to exert influence over anyone's creations. I just had the ideas while reading through the race bio's, and I thought I should share it. I don't want to change anything about the races, just hopefully give the people who made them something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:36 am

Fuzzlezexion wrote:
But I do think there should be more info on how each race interacts with the destroyed, irradiated Earth. Since alot of them come from different planets, dimensions, etc., they could bring with them diseases or parasites thst might not affect them, but could be deadly for another if they catch it, or they could be suceptable to diseases and parasites that they've only now been exposed to on Earth.

I was actually thinking of having one of the major events in Valoshan history to be some sort of black plague. Having it affect some of the humans didn't come to mind, but that could be a possibility Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Schwinny wrote:

i have to agree with you on your 2nd and 3rd choices....now about the Theochalton...i really am not sure they'd make good...races to RP. i actually never intended for them to be RP able they were just to fill the gap and be The Sacrificial lambs...i'm fine with them being RPed but...they probably wouldn't last long being they don't fight...just saying.
i love my race but i'm trying to be realistic...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/miningcreepers/website
Schwinny

Schwinny

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Poloselite23 wrote:
Schwinny wrote:

i have to agree with you on your 2nd and 3rd choices....now about the Theochalton...i really am not sure they'd make good...races to RP. i actually never intended for them to be RP able they were just to fill the gap and be The Sacrificial lambs...i'm fine with them being RPed but...they probably wouldn't last long being they don't fight...just saying.

Yeah, I guess, just thought we needed a peaceful race. If I had to replace them with anything it would definitely be the Arglaecar.
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Schwinny wrote:
Poloselite23 wrote:
Schwinny wrote:

Yeah, I guess, just thought we needed a peaceful race. If I had to replace them with anything it would definitely be the Arglaecar.
ya i agree a peaceful race would probably need to happen but...well mine isn't so suited to this world
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/miningcreepers/website
Tibiscus

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:53 am

we can resolve the demons by transforming them in endermen Twisted Evil Arrow Suspect
Back to top Go down
zenzored

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Wow, I'm pretty happy that people like my races. Anyway, whatever the moderators feel would make them more interesting, by all means, do it. Personally I'd choose the Enfeil, the Valoshans (Except everyone is going to want to be a Prophet. That seems like a problem, but whatever.), and the Elusnuds. Sorry for tooting my own horn a bit there, but coming back and re-reading those after a couple months? I like them.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm

zenzored wrote:
Wow, I'm pretty happy that people like my races. Anyway, whatever the moderators feel would make them more interesting, by all means, do it. Personally I'd choose the Enfeil, the Valoshans (Except everyone is going to want to be a Prophet. That seems like a problem, but whatever.), and the Elusnuds. Sorry for tooting my own horn a bit there, but coming back and re-reading those after a couple months? I like them.

Lol, read more carefully, there is only one Prophet born every 100 or so years. And the current one is just a baby :3

Glad you like my race, your's are cool as well
Back to top Go down
Righty

The Races. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Races.   The Races. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Races that should be the following:

1. Elusununds
2. Valoshans
3.Theochaltons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Races. Empty