The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rough Draft of proposed Timeline

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Rough Draft of proposed Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Ok I wrote this in only a few minutes so don't expect all that much. I will modify more of the original ruined world timeline as I go. So tell me what you think and post any changes you would like to see.

Pre Rifts period

2220 Cities once again emerge. Humans regain much of their technology and drive most of the mutants away from the populated areas.

2230 humanity has declared that they have won the war and now thrive once again.

2245 The Geo Physical energy that dwells in all matter is discovered by a team of scientists

The Cataclysm
2248 Silas uses the Geo physical to open up a rift into another dimension so he can syphon its power for his own use. He loses control of the power. That causes a feedback loop disrupting the other dimensions. Rifts open all over the earth. Reality is fractured. The earth overcharges and begins to undergo a cataclysmic change. Silas flees the world through one of the rifts. The Continents shift and the leylines glow with energy. Storms wrack the planet as hordes of denizens for the other dimensions swarm over humanity and drive it to near extinction. The release of energy causes a cosmic storm with the solar system at the calm centre. The sun is effectively shut off from the rest of the universe.

The age of nightmares
2249 The (need another race ulfkin has been removed at request of creator) attempt to use the Geo physical energy to close the rifts and stabilize the planet. They partially succeed but end up sacrificing most of their kind in the process. The Storms across the planet slowly fade. The storm in the cosmos may be permanent however and shows no signs of every slowing down.
2249-2900 Humanity is hunted to the brink of extinction by creatures from their wildest nightmares. Demon stalk the land. Many parts of humanity are enslaved by the extra-dimensional beings. Most of the world falls to under their control. The beings themselves are trapped after the (need race) closed the majority of the rifts. The beings from the different dimensions fight amongst themselves as well. Humans shy away from the conflicts.

2300 Humanity is now almost completely enslaved. The beings use them as fodder or food on their quest to dominate this new world.

2350 Robotic Warships come to investigate the cosmic storm. The fleet crash lands over the point of the original Rift after trying to determine why that place has a much large influx of energy. The robots are swarmed and go into hiding below ground.

2400 Humans manage to launch a successful rebellion in what used to be New Zealand. The beings ignore them as they are to preoccupied with other matters.

2800 Human forces attack Europe and the Americas. The beings they attack respond with massive attacks on new zealand. New zealand falls and much of its technology is lost. On a brighter note small free human empires are now dispersed across the world.

2820 The human empires begin forming alliances with the less hostile extra dimensional beings. Multiracial city states soon emerge. Refugees of all races run for these supposedly free city states.

Modern day- the third industrial revolution

2900 Another Industrial revolution starts again but is not all that widespread.

2905 A city state over the location of the rift Silas opened is founded. This city state is a nest of thieves a refugees. They dwell deep in no mans land. The city is constantly under attack by creatures of various sorts. The city state seeks to find Silas's Lab and examine the rift and robotic warships. They hope to gain technology and power that they can use to expand further and eventually take over this world. The city is rules by its biggest gang (nocturne) and bears their name. Racism and poverty are ripe in the city that struggles to remain free.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

Its been brought to my attention that the inclusion of my old character Silas is disliked by a few people. I would like to explain why I put him in the lore. First I needed a scientist who is on the cutting edge of technology that happens to be an insane power hungry fool a lot of the time. In my reasoning not very many of those would be left 200 years into the apocalypse. Second I wanted a connection with the actual RP done on the original ruined world. So I was going to takes Other events and make them appear in the lore as well. My third and final point is that if I wanted to bring in a character I could not use someone else's as they are that persons character and not within my rights to use.

If any of you do feel that having Silas in the backstory is wrong and probably some great ego trip of mine then I can change it. The names really do not matter and I could just makes another fictional mad scientist to throw in. Either that or we rewrite that bit of the lore with a better event.

I would be fully for making a better event because honestly I think most of my timeline blows as I wrote it in like 10 minutes and was hoping you all would immediately point out the bits that should be changed and polish it with me.
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 pm

i'll be happy to help work on the timeline! i sent you a possible *Sacrifical lamb* to close the rifts.
also i'll try to get Mothmanfan over here to help
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/miningcreepers/website
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Poloselite23 wrote:
i'll be happy to help work on the timeline! i sent you a possible *Sacrifical lamb* to close the rifts.
also i'll try to get Mothmanfan over here to help
Theochalton (Thee-O-CHal-ton)

This Race was A peaceful society. They believed life was to be preserved and cherished. The knew not of this evil the Humans Called War. The rifts in time and space caused great pain and suffering among the Theochaltan as they died because of other races. Then seeking an end to This Violence (as the Humans called it) by using Geophysical energies to stabilize the planet, but it would be very hard to achieve. Many Theochaltan volunteered to sacrifice themselves to end the pain and destruction of All life. they perished in great numbers in the attempted and succeeded in closing many rifts and righting the planets problems.

Alas the Theochalton were a dieing race returning to their universe with little of their race. Slowly they where going towards extinction and with it all knowledge of how to save the universes. In modern day Earth Few Theochalton remain in their universe dieing yet being referred to as Gods by most humans.

The Theochalton were small hairy people that closely resembled animals. Though they where bipeds. The where a very advanced sentinial race yet had a Utopia of sorts with no crime and war. They stil had dsieases and some died but it was a very peacful and coopertive society. No man or women Went hungry.

The Theochalton had a monarch that they believed came from their God Slafascus (Slur-fas-Cus) and Ruled with absolute authority but remaining within the bounds of the Theochalton law. A small book Pertaining to what a monarch had to, couldn't do, and would do as a monarch. All Monachs were Women and served til they had a daughter that reached age thirty.

Women where held in high regards among the Theochalton as they where seen as bringers of life. The thing all Theocalton revered and cherished. Children where brought up until the year of one and twenty then sent off to learn a trade needed in Theocalton society. All Theocalton Women where supposed to Marry at age seven and Twenty and Have Children after that.

Advantages:
Superiour intellect
Animal like claws and teeth
Good sight during the night
can smell danger

Disadvantages:
they Refuse to kill
They are to trusting
Can't figure out bartering or money.
Back to top Go down
Burgerkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 pm

I don´t really like this "creatures from other dimensions" and Dimensional rifts and other magic things lore. It kinda destroys the feeling of a world devastated by pollution, war and fallouts. If you want I could think of an alternative timeline without all that (or at least less) supernatural stuff. This is just my personal opinion but I think this kinda moves from post-apocalyptic to urban fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Burgerkrieg wrote:
I don´t really like this "creatures from other dimensions" and Dimensional rifts and other magic things lore. It kinda destroys the feeling of a world devastated by pollution, war and fallouts. If you want I could think of an alternative timeline without all that (or at least less) supernatural stuff. This is just my personal opinion but I think this kinda moves from post-apocalyptic to urban fantasy.
Well I was aiming at a bit of post apocalyptic scifi/fantasy. I appreciate your view if others express it as well they should come forward and we can make another lore. I just didn't want to run another of the same fallout styled post apoc server with little variation in the lore from others. I was kinda hoping to go into my own playing field with no real competition and see how it would all turn out. I will make sure this is not an urban fantasy if we keep with my lore. Even though yes it is a bit fantasy styled and it is futuristic but I will have large wasteland styled stuff with only one small city on the map at the start. Most of the map will still be themed at wasteland and apocalyptic themes.
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 pm

going to start some work on the rough raft today...work n spelling grammer and adding tidbits in here and there...
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Its been brought to my attention that the inclusion of my old character Silas is disliked by a few people. I would like to explain why I put him in the lore. First I needed a scientist who is on the cutting edge of technology that happens to be an insane power hungry fool a lot of the time. In my reasoning not very many of those would be left 200 years into the apocalypse. Second I wanted a connection with the actual RP done on the original ruined world. So I was going to takes Other events and make them appear in the lore as well. My third and final point is that if I wanted to bring in a character I could not use someone else's as they are that persons character and not within my rights to use.

If any of you do feel that having Silas in the backstory is wrong and probably some great ego trip of mine then I can change it. The names really do not matter and I could just makes another fictional mad scientist to throw in. Either that or we rewrite that bit of the lore with a better event.

I would be fully for making a better event because honestly I think most of my timeline blows as I wrote it in like 10 minutes and was hoping you all would immediately point out the bits that should be changed and polish it with me.

Well if people complain, you could change it to this:
People found a facility researching other dimensions, and with their judgement clouded by delusional hopes of a paradise to escape to, they open a portal. Unfortunately radioactive waste had seeped into the inner workings of machines, and as a result the portals opened up all over earth.

Quote :
Theochalton (Thee-O-CHal-ton)

I like this species a lot! It makes me think of what humanity could have been if not for the greed of the few

Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Admin wrote:
Burgerkrieg wrote:
Well I was aiming at a bit of post apocalyptic scifi/fantasy. I appreciate your view if others express it as well they should come forward and we can make another lore. I just didn't want to run another of the same fallout styled post apoc server with little variation in the lore from others. I was kinda hoping to go into my own playing field with no real competition and see how it would all turn out. I will make sure this is not an urban fantasy if we keep with my lore. Even though yes it is a bit fantasy styled and it is futuristic but I will have large wasteland styled stuff with only one small city on the map at the start. Most of the map will still be themed at wasteland and apocalyptic themes.

Well, I think that you HAVE to change it from dimensions to "Alternate Universe's." Becuase Dimensions are constructs of our world; Height, Width, Depth, Time, etc.
Back to top Go down
bjackman

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Burgerkrieg wrote:

I sort of agree with this. What made the other lore fascinating was that it was pretty much all the humans fault with the robots and all of that. But all we're told this time is Silas does something and then loads of other creatures start to dominate humanity. Or atleast that's what I got from it. I don't mean to insult your writing at all, it's really well written and very intersting, this is just my personal opinion I'm talking about.
I think what made the other lore interesting was the fact we could understand (sort of) how it would all unfold, whereas with this all we're told is some scientific mumbo jumbo and that's that. I understand it's just a rough draft, but if you could think up some way of explaining how this 'geo physical energy' works then it would be great. What came to my mind was the power of the atoms, and the power of splitting those atoms. I thought of that power sort of 'ripping' the universe and creating a gateway into an 'inbetween world' sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Alright minor changes just to add and freshen up things I’ve gone ahead and added the race I created to fill the role of the ulfkin since we aren’t allowed to use them...anyway...this is just what I could do...life gets in the way. Did some grammar and spell check (feel free to point out things that don't make sense...) this is just to add on and edit so feel free to disregard some parts I had little time to do this so minor changes and additions...

2220 Cities once again emerge. Humans regain much of their technology and drive most of the mutants away from the populated areas.

2227 Humans crush a pocket of mutants that had been resisting the humans.

2230 Humanity declares that they have won the war and now thrive once again. Many cities and towns begin and start to flourish

2245 The Geo Physical energy that dwells in all matter is discovered by a team of scientists

2247 Testing on Geo Physical Energies Reveals that they could be used to open portals to other dimensions. The scientists that discovered it hides all evidence of their project as they disband after a coworker is killed by a creature from another dimension.

The Cataclysm
2248 Silas discovers this and uses the Geo physical to open up a rift into another dimension so he can siphon its power for his own use. He loses control of the power. That causes a feedback loop disrupting the other dimensions. Rifts open all over the earth. Reality is fractured. The earth overcharges and begins to undergo a cataclysmic change. Silas flees the world through one of the rifts. The Continents shift and the leylines glow with energy. Storms wrack the planet as hordes of denizens for the other dimensions swarm over humanity and drive it to near extinction. The release of energy causes a cosmic storm with the solar system at the calm center. The sun is effectively shut off from the rest of the universe.

The age of nightmares
2249 The Theochalton attempt to use the Geo physical energy to close the rifts and stabilize the planet. They partially succeed but end up sacrificing most of their kind in the process. The Storms across the planet slowly fade. The storm in the cosmos may be permanent however and shows no signs of every slowing down.

2249-2900 Humanity is hunted to the brink of extinction by creatures from their wildest nightmares. Demons stalk the land. Many parts of humanity are enslaved by the extra-dimensional beings. Most of the world falls to under their control. The beings themselves are trapped after the Theochalton closed the majority of the rifts. The beings from the different dimensions fight amongst themselves as well. Humans shy away from the conflicts.

2300 Humanity is now almost completely enslaved. The beings use them as fodder or food on their quest to dominate this new world.

2324 A small part of human resistance attacks some of the beings. The Beings loose some of their number and retaliate on the Human slaves killing Thousands.

2350 Robotic Warships come to investigate the cosmic storm. The fleet crash lands over the point of the original Rift after trying to determine why that place has a much large influx of energy. The robots are swarmed and go into hiding below ground.

2400 Humans manage to launch a successful rebellion in what used to be New Zealand. The beings ignore them as they are to preoccupied with other matters.

2400-2600 Humans begin to rally in New Zealand arming themselves to defeat the Beings.

2813 Human forces attack Europe and the Americas. The beings they attack respond with massive attacks on New Zealand. New Zealand falls and much of its technology is lost. On a brighter note small free human empires are now dispersed across the world.

2820 The human empires begin forming alliances with the less hostile extra dimensional beings. Multiracial city states soon emerge. Refugees of all races run for these supposedly free city states.

Modern day- the third industrial revolution

2900 Another Industrial revolution starts again but is not all that widespread.

2905 A city state over the location of the rift Silas opened is founded. This city state is a nest of thieves a refugees. They dwell deep in no mans land. The city is constantly under attack by creatures of various sorts. The city state seeks to find Silas's Lab and examine the rift and robotic warships. They hope to gain technology and power that they can use to expand further and eventually take over this world. The city is rules by its biggest gang (nocturne) and bears their name. Racism and poverty are ripe in the city that struggles to remain free.

built on what was there... take what you like...distroy what you don't... with ktrey's permission or by vote!
POLO
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Bjackman that is a good point. I will get a group together that will explain all of the pseudo science points.

To put some things in perspective for everyone else. Ruined World basically ended up as a towny. After haven and northreach (which was in the far south of the map XD) came to be the game really stopped being a survival. The simple reason for that is that the RP you get while wandering the wastes sucks. Period no real exceptions. If you wander you will spend a good deal of time RPing with yourself. Living in close proximity with other chars ensures RP and gives you the opportunity to explore your char a bit.

So now that being said I would like to put forth my concept that works around the towny/survival balance. yes there is one town that everyone is technically a part of. This town (nocturne or something) will be more of a fortified shanty town then anything else. The inhabitants of this town are looking for things out in the wastes but they need a fortified position to fall back to. Ideally you all will spend time running around the wastes but return to nocturne to recover between excursions and gain allies for your next raid. The town itself will not be safe however and will be under almost constant attack with a very military and strict survival set up. Laws like the gates close permanently at sundown will hopefully make even the toen seem like it is survival themed.

I feel that using a system where players are mostly in the wastes but have a place to return to will enhance RP while still making it a very survival styled game.

well that is my opinion only feel free to tell me how wrong I am and what not.
~ktrey
Back to top Go down
bjackman

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

That's a great idea. Nothing immediatley stands out as a problem, except for people may get angry at the laws in that town and go to set up other safe haven towns like we had before. I suppose they would probably be deterred because the people in the main town would just raid all their supplies, though. I like that idea alot
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:11 pm

bjackman wrote:
That's a great idea. Nothing immediatley stands out as a problem, except for people may get angry at the laws in that town and go to set up other safe haven towns like we had before. I suppose they would probably be deterred because the people in the main town would just raid all their supplies, though. I like that idea alot
also the smaller towns will probably fall to attacks from the wastes very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Yeah, just about the only way to make a town outside of Nocturne would probably be to get a shitload o' people and create a fortified city, far away. Of course, there would still be the assholes that would raid the town while everyone was offline Razz
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:38 am

RESERVED FOR DA LOAR.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:28 am

The following is my idea of why the demons came to earth and their role in the enslavement of mankind;

The Demons Backstory;
The demons were always a power hungry race. They ravaged their planet killing off all the lesser (animal) creatures and destroyed the black forests to clear space for their ever growing population. The planet soon began to starve and disease began to spread quickly and easily through the larger hordes. But the demons had no morals, the only thing that mattered was their survival. And so the famine eventually got so great that the only option was cannibalism. The planet fell into anarchy.

When the rifts opened, the demons united, for they knew that the land beyond was rich with resources. Their plan grew as they discovered that the rifts led to other alien planets, also full of resources. And thus, the world is as it is today; The demons have most of humanity enslaved, making them build huge transport centers around the rifts, so that they can travel through the alien planets to enslave the inhabitants and thrive with the rich supplies of food and water.

Thus concludes the backstory of the horrors stalking the earth...

I also think that one of the main goals should be toppling the demons empire.

-Note that "Demons" is what the main/largest Demonic Race is referred to as the real name is unpronounceable in English
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 pm

aaron___awesome wrote:
The following is my idea of why the demons came to earth and their role in the enslavement of mankind;

The Demons Backstory;
The demons were always a power hungry race. They ravaged their planet killing off all the lesser (animal) creatures and destroyed the black forests to clear space for their ever growing population. The planet soon began to starve and disease began to spread quickly and easily through the larger hordes. But the demons had no morals, the only thing that mattered was their survival. And so the famine eventually got so great that the only option was cannibalism. The planet fell into anarchy.

When the rifts opened, the demons united, for they knew that the land beyond was rich with resources. Their plan grew as they discovered that the rifts led to other alien planets, also full of resources. And thus, the world is as it is today; The demons have most of humanity enslaved, making them build huge transport centers around the rifts, so that they can travel through the alien planets to enslave the inhabitants and thrive with the rich supplies of food and water.

Thus concludes the backstory of the horrors stalking the earth...

I also think that one of the main goals should be toppling the demons empire.

-Note that "Demons" is what the main/largest Demonic Race is referred to as the real name is unpronounceable in English

That is interesting do we have a race to be the demons? (not a playable race obviously but a race to add depth)
Back to top Go down
SK4RR3R

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Im offering my race,The Anarchists , to be the ones who try to close the rifts.They want the human race to survive.They will be the kinda "good guys" if you want.Also (from the new races and no offense to the other ones) my one seems to be the most devoloped(sorry once again if that sounds douchey) so I think Anarchists might be a good choice
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm

I will consider it SK4RR3R. I also have a few races in development which I may want to use for the role myself. Sadly most of the work will be halted for my 2 week trip (which is also why I haven't been working all that hard now). When I return however I will put what I have and we can finish off the last bit of the lore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rough Draft of proposed Timeline   Rough Draft of proposed Timeline Empty

Back to top Go down

Rough Draft of proposed Timeline
Page 1 of 1