Hello guys

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sgt0pimienta

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

OH MY GOD!
hello everyone,i've missed you all!
so the server IS going back,me and the guys on the forums thought this was dead,i missed everyone i played with,JT,Smoke,Ditauni,Andrew,Serious G,Lugburious and heck even the ones i just saw once in my life,or didn't see at all!

im just so glad this is back,by the way,i just got some real fast doubts:

Are we going to have the same plugins?
Who are back on the game? i Assume the main people (Ditauny,Ktrey,SG,Lugburious,etc) but is there anyone else?
Wan't help finding the old members? i got some gamertags...
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Well I'm back and planning to be more active, don't know if you remember me from Boulder City.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:55 am

Well to put it simply the server did die and most people left. I am attempting to pick up the ashes with the help of the remaining community. Of the people you mentioned only Serio and I are technically here still (the others drop in occasionally but are not really a part atm). The community had a bit of a falling apart during the whole dying and trying to remake it. What we have here is only loosely ruined world now and the plugins and lore will be changed considerably. The idea in my opinion is not to remake ruined world but to keep the remainder of this awesome community together and rebuild some form of ruined world the best we can.

I would love it if you found some of the older players and welcome back Very Happy
~ktrey
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Bleach_1

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 am

Ktrey,

I don't know if you got my messages, as i pm'd them across minecraftforums.net. But asides from that,

I was curious to what exactly was going on. I read through the pages of the thread you're using right now, and it seems as though there was a bit of conflict and i saw that people split two separate ways. You just said that old members occasionally pop in every once in a while, and i was wondering about the old Advent'ers. I saw Lugu's thread and the others commenting on it a bit, like Richaro, Serio, etc.

I also saw talk of merging the two. As i'm coming in a few days, or a week or so after all of this happened, i was curious to how everything stood. Are there two servers, one being led by you, the other by Lugubrious? What of the other members?

I'm just trying to fill in the gaps that i have found since i haven't been here for a while. I didn't see too much from Dituani on either thread... Is she still helping out?

Anyways... You don't have to go into full detail, i was just wondering what happened. (I think i understand what happened from the point of Dangirdas leaving and passing it to cody and that conflict area, but in the forum posts, it's a little fuzzy on which paths people chose after that.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 am

Bleach_1 wrote:
Ktrey,

I don't know if you got my messages, as i pm'd them across minecraftforums.net. But asides from that,
-snip-

Ok well to put it simply when I came back I saw that Lugu and most of the other major player had jumped over to her thread and started to make a remake of ruined world/ new server. I approached them and offered ownership positions to Lugu and serio in the hopes that we could get everyone back together again and work towards a complete remake. The results I got back were less then positive and as far as I can tell declined my offer. Since that time Serio has come back to my attempt at a fix and helped me with everything. As far as I know Lugu is still going strong with her thread. Ditauni I believe has made her own take on everything with Dennis. Lugu may be merging hers with ditauni's but I am a little fuzzy on all the details of what they are doing exactly. Finally Modsec volunteered to help with the building.

Due to some of the lore I wrote most of the other major players became less then friendly with me. I do not understand this all myself because none of them have really talked with me and I only have half rumors from others to go on. (I really don't understand this because I thought I made it clear that what I put up for lore was a 5 minute concept I thought of and was open to change in any way)

So I realize I went into detail and the simple one sentence answer as far as I can tell is: people disagreed, 3 separate paths were made(lead by Lugu, ditauni, and I), attempts at reuniting them have failed so far, and finally the community has become fractured following the 3 separate routes.

Anyone who has a clearer picture of what went on should post as I am a little confused about everything myself.
~ktrey

Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 am

Well, that sucks.

You guys were so close too..... There must be a way to get Ruined World back together..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 am

Bleach_1 wrote:
Well, that sucks.

You guys were so close too..... There must be a way to get Ruined World back together..
Aye it does suck (not sure what we were close to as we never really worked together) and if there is a way to get ruined world back together I will take it because it isn't just a server. It is actually the awesome community we had made.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 am

Admin wrote:
Bleach_1 wrote:
Well, that sucks.

Aye it does suck (not sure what we were close to as we never really worked together) and if there is a way to get ruined world back together I will take it because it isn't just a server. It is actually the awesome community we had made.

Well, i mean... Whenver i was in Mumble with you guys, it always sounded like you were having a blast over in Advent. Laughing a lot, never arguing much(from what i saw).

Anyways...
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 am

Well, I've always liked you ktrey~ and think that the new direction/restructuring your doing is a good idea. Lugu will never let up on "its" ideas, and I think that ditauni will probably merge with lugu considering that they are both great admins.

"I think Ruined World has died, yet its soul has escaped. We can never truly capture its soul again, but we may rebuild anew with its essence"

I propose we take the core values of Ruined World, -Hardcore/Proper- Survival, Roleplaying, Lore, Adventure, Fun. Along with any of the great community (who agree) with us, and create a new server using the aforementioned values and the new Lore/Map/Etc.

Last edited by aaron___awesome on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgt0pimienta

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:35 am

Schwinny wrote:
Well I'm back and planning to be more active, don't know if you remember me from Boulder City.
i do remember you Smile good too c you
Back to top Go down
sgt0pimienta

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 am

Admin wrote:
Bleach_1 wrote:
Ktrey,

-snip-

Ok well to put it simply when I came back I saw that Lugu and most of the other major player had jumped over to her thread and started to make a remake of ruined world/ new server. I approached them and offered ownership positions to Lugu and serio in the hopes that we could get everyone back together again and work towards a complete remake. The results I got back were less then positive and as far as I can tell declined my offer. Since that time Serio has come back to my attempt at a fix and helped me with everything. As far as I know Lugu is still going strong with her thread. Ditauni I believe has made her own take on everything with Dennis. Lugu may be merging hers with ditauni's but I am a little fuzzy on all the details of what they are doing exactly. Finally Modsec volunteered to help with the building.

Due to some of the lore I wrote most of the other major players became less then friendly with me. I do not understand this all myself because none of them have really talked with me and I only have half rumors from others to go on. (I really don't understand this because I thought I made it clear that what I put up for lore was a 5 minute concept I thought of and was open to change in any way)

So I realize I went into detail and the simple one sentence answer as far as I can tell is: people disagreed, 3 separate paths were made(lead by Lugu, ditauni, and I), attempts at reuniting them have failed so far, and finally the community has become fractured following the 3 separate routes.

Anyone who has a clearer picture of what went on should post as I am a little confused about everything myself.
~ktrey

Crap...That really issn0t going to work,all of the people you mentioned gave taste to the server,you,Ditauni,Lugubrious,Richaro,Whoever played nyuu and 3 other chars,Serious...

its like the master ring was destroyed,we got the three elven rings but i don't know if we can unite them (wow *sarcasm* great reference *sarcasm*) have you tried asking why?
i mean...did you percieve something personal against you,or was it only that they didn't want to?
if there wassn't somthing personal i guess the best option would be asking them why,if they show an argument wich we will probably have to accept...well we can still join them can't we?
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 am

"The Great Ruining"

It was a time of great despair, hosting costs were growing, blocks returned to their position moments after being destroyed, lag spread across the land and threatened to corrupt everything in its path. Admins worked quickly to fix what they could, the nether was disabled, plugins removed, but nothing seemed to be working.

Then Dangirdas Announced his break from ownership;
Quote :
I will take a long break from the server. I have been acting like a dick, immature, abusive admin. I have only ruined it for everybody else. And i will continue doing that if i don't start taking this roleplay in a other way. Most of the people are pissed at me right now. And will probably be for some days. My bullshit is only fucking things up for people, the negative way.

When i return i will be a more reasonable, mature, and a non abusive admin. I will also overhaul my own meaning of apocalyptic roleplay combined with survival.

Eventually life went on. Dangirdas never did properly come back, he used the forums irregularly while pursuing his interest in Lets-Plays. The forums were dead, not as in "not much posting" There was one topic people were posting in.
Codycg then arrived and declares he is the new owner, being given full admin rights to the server. Dangirdas responds:

Quote :
Cody was the first mod and admin. I know him quite well. He has the rights of the server. He was also one the the first players. He played on the first map the server ever had. So you can't say anything. From now on he is the owner. He took the time to to contact me and all of that stuff. Yes i agreed that she should be, but i'd rather have her as a admin or a co-owner.
And if you had any problems understanding this. Just reply back to me and we can talk about this more..

Ruined world breaks into the three factions described by Ktrey.

[This is my first-person view on what has happened. It is not my opinion, it is simply what I experienced in the final weeks of Ruined World
Back to top Go down
sgt0pimienta

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 am

aaron___awesome wrote:
"The Great Ruining"

It was a time of great despair, hosting costs were growing, blocks returned to their position moments after being destroyed, lag spread across the land and threatened to corrupt everything in its path. Admins worked quickly to fix what they could, the nether was disabled, plugins removed, but nothing seemed to be working.

Then Dangirdas Announced his break from ownership;
Quote :
I will take a long break from the server. I have been acting like a dick, immature, abusive admin. I have only ruined it for everybody else. And i will continue doing that if i don't start taking this roleplay in a other way. Most of the people are pissed at me right now. And will probably be for some days. My bullshit is only fucking things up for people, the negative way.

When i return i will be a more reasonable, mature, and a non abusive admin. I will also overhaul my own meaning of apocalyptic roleplay combined with survival.

Eventually life went on. Dangirdas never did properly come back, he used the forums irregularly while pursuing his interest in Lets-Plays. The forums were dead, not as in "not much posting" There was one topic people were posting in.
Codycg then arrived and declares he is the new owner, being given full admin rights to the server. Dangirdas responds:

Quote :
Cody was the first mod and admin. I know him quite well. He has the rights of the server. He was also one the the first players. He played on the first map the server ever had. So you can't say anything. From now on he is the owner. He took the time to to contact me and all of that stuff. Yes i agreed that she should be, but i'd rather have her as a admin or a co-owner.
And if you had any problems understanding this. Just reply back to me and we can talk about this more..

Ruined world breaks into the three factions described by Ktrey.

[This is my first-person view on what has happened. It is not my opinion, it is simply what I experienced in the final weeks of Ruined World

that is sad...i was quite new but i got to love it,i played up to 4 hours or more a day,vacations? 6 hours,i got to love the guys and girls in the server and i enjoyed my first role play game with other players,but when the world lagged,something that very litlle knew was that multiple chunks got corrupted...

It all started rply you know?
the events were as following:

Frostheim separates
Frostheim is looted everyday...ashes remain
Lag increases
New frostheim is founded but it quickly dissapears too
Isle grows famous and powerful
Odd hole grows famous and twice as powerful
illium is kicked out of Haven after she tried to attack a traitor to her friends,her frieds didn't belive her and kicked her out,Haven is dying
The portal incident occours,noone at islegot out of it,we all had to fight monsters and abominations,after a week of travel we got Smoke out,he had been trapped,but we got him out,im seriously injured,a lot of fire on dangi here.
Odd Hole begins its demise
Isle begins its demise
Plugins taken out
Nether taken out
some weeks later Odd hole is abandomned,right after the construction of the flying ship
What Dangi tried to construct (a huge portal with guns pointing at it) is constantly raided and he starts getting angry/annoyed and forbids the area
A new town near odd hole is arising
plugins taken out
lag increases,chunks get corrupted
the new town is now inactive
Damgi leaves
somme people still play
Server is shut down.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:44 am

well this is all interesting. The lord of the rings references had me rofling. Now I don't want to point fingers but ditauni and I had a partial theory on some of the lag. This obviously didn't cause all of the lag but was definitely a contributing factor. We discovered that EX had several buildings and other structure's that went below bedrock (mainly half of advent). Now we never really tested whether that added much lag but we believed it played a part and was also part of the chunk corruption.
Back to top Go down
bjackman

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Is Ex still about? He was a good builder, if a bit abusive with his powers.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Wow, I feel really out of the loop. I took a break from Ruined World at around the end of June and decided to come back just about a week ago. I saw that it was dead BUT THAR WAS STILL HOPE!!! So I came to this forum and now here we are... I just hope that we can get everything together soon and relive the wonderful days of Ruined World Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sgt0pimienta

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Schwinny wrote:
Wow, I feel really out of the loop. I took a break from Ruined World at around the end of June and decided to come back just about a week ago. I saw that it was dead BUT THAR WAS STILL HOPE!!! So I came to this forum and now here we are... I just hope that we can get everything together soon and relive the wonderful days of Ruined World Very Happy

HELL YEAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello guys
Page 1 of 1