Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aaron___awesome



Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 am

Temporary 15 Day Mumble server is up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostname ruinedworld.mumble.com
Port 5230
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics to be discussed/Checklist;

Future Storyline/Plot Progression
*General idea of whats going to happen
*Lore assignment
*Building Assignment

Server Hosting/Mumble Hosting
*Monetary Issues
*Hoster/Provider
*Testing

Suggestions and general brainstorm
*Brainstorm/Suggestions
*General Chat and Feedback about the server

Plugins and Testing
*Plugin Scripter
*Plugin Manager
*Choosing Plugins
*Plugin Adding and Config
*Testing

Future of the Forum
*Theme and Pallet
*Moderators

TIMEZONES:
Bleach; GMT -5
Aaron; GMT +12:00


Last edited by aaron___awesome on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Serio



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 25
Location : The Netherlands

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am

aaron___awesome wrote:
Temporary 15 Day Mumble server is up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostname ruinedworld.mumble.com
Port 5230
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics to be discussed/Checklist;

Future Storyline/Plot Progression
*General idea of whats going to happen
*Lore assignment
*Building Assignment

Server Hosting/Mumble Hosting
*Monetary Issues
*Hoster/Provider
*Testing

Future of the Forum
*Theme and Pallet
*Moderators

These three topics have already been taken care of as far as my knowledge goes. However, everything is still up for edit, if everyone agrees, we already have the main theme. As well as the general idea of what's going to happen.

For the lore, there is already a small group which is going to be doing the main part, however any outside additions will be looked over and considered, so by all means, go ahead and post your own version.
There is also a pretty solid looking building team, although the types of buildings still have to be talked about, although it won't be that many, so that there stay oppurtunity for the players to make their own settlements.

I think that Ktrey already has a general idea about who will be becoming moderators.

And there is no need to worry about the hosting part as that is already taken care of, unless ktrey has decided that he wants to go with another hoster.

~Bird out.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-07-26

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 pm

I think it should still be good to get a time together where we could all get on the mumble or something and get some things done because right now it really seems like we're at a standstill. People are never on when others are, i've probably logged onto the minecraftforums and this for the past few days just missing Serio and Ktrey by minutes. And i mean BY MINUTES. I'd log in, post a message and i'd check the last time logged in and it would say something like 7:23PM and i posted the message at 7:28PM(as an example).


Not much progress can be done with the map when no one is on to help with the building, and i don't know if someone took it upon themselves to work on the lore, but it doesn't seem like it's getting updates.

Sorry if this seems a bit demanding or harsh, but it's weird trying to get a server back together when it feels like nothing is getting done.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin


Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-07-19

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Bleach_1 wrote:
I think it should still be good to get a time together where we could all get on the mumble or something and get some things done because right now it really seems like we're at a standstill. People are never on when others are, i've probably logged onto the minecraftforums and this for the past few days just missing Serio and Ktrey by minutes. And i mean BY MINUTES. I'd log in, post a message and i'd check the last time logged in and it would say something like 7:23PM and i posted the message at 7:28PM(as an example).


Not much progress can be done with the map when no one is on to help with the building, and i don't know if someone took it upon themselves to work on the lore, but it doesn't seem like it's getting updates.

Sorry if this seems a bit demanding or harsh, but it's weird trying to get a server back together when it feels like nothing is getting done.
Yeah I am sorry about all that real life has been getting in the way this last week. When I get back from this weekend I will be able to pull long hours and hopefully get everything finished.

With the lore though i had kinda hoped the community would step up and suggest changes and things but the activity on actually making a difference to the lore has been fairly small. Just a wake up people I am really easygoing. You can ask for drastic changes in the lore and call my ideas bullshit without me getting pissy.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Burgerkrieg



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-07-22

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 am

As an idea, I would prefer if we used BMT-Internet-Time for time arrangements. This helps because we all live in different timezones.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-07-26

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Burgerkrieg wrote:
As an idea, I would prefer if we used BMT-Internet-Time for time arrangements. This helps because we all live in different timezones.

Dude, i'm sorry but i read 4 sentences of that link and was confused out of my mind. Why isn't it just easier to say that:

I live in GMT-5.
Someone live in GMT
Someone else lives in GMT+3

That means put GMT as a starting time of noon. I'd have to be up at 7am. the other person is 3pm.


How is that not easier than what you linked? all it requires is knowing what time zone you live in instead of having to get everyone to learn this new way of keeping time.
Back to top Go down
Burgerkrieg



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-07-22

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Internet time makes 1000 "beats" per day. This is international because there are no timezones. This is the Link to an internet-time-clock. I don´t know if it changes the language automatically, but it should. For example, while I´m posting this its @867. This makes it a lot easier for international work.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-07-26

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Burgerkrieg wrote:
Internet time makes 1000 "beats" per day. This is international because there are no timezones. This is the Link to an internet-time-clock[. I don´t know if it changes the language automatically, but it should. For example, while I´m posting this its @867. This makes it a lot easier for international work.

I don't know what others think, but i definitely think that just converting time zones is easier. Been doing it for 12 years, won't ever stop.

Edit:

Burger, the reason i feel like time zone conversions are easier is because it tells me exactly what time i need to be there. With this "Internet time", SURE. It may seem easier but think about it like this. We have a group trying to decide when to meet. We agree on @450 or whatever. WELL, now what people have to do is figure out what time zone this is based off of and figure out what time @000 is for that time zone(i assume midnight). Then they've got to subtract or add hours to that time to get their individual time zone and finally see what time that is by figuring out how long exactly the @450 is. After going through all that trouble, they might say "Oh shit. I have stuff during that time" and then they won't be able to meet. To figure this out(Internet time) and when certain @(number here) is for their time zone, it'll take longer to learn a new way of keeping time(when it's not even in their time zone or applied to the rest of the world in a major way) just for a few meetings.

I think it's a lot simpler to say "Okay, i'll be up at 4AM if you guys are able to have the meeting at 7PM in your time zone, and this 4th guy will be awake at 1AM to meet us too.". Unless you grew up learning this "Internet or Swatch Time", it seems pretty impractical since i've never heard of it before and assume that it's barely used anywhere.


Last edited by Bleach_1 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more reasoning)
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome



Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 21
Location : New Zealand

(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 pm

I think we should all post our timezones on this topic then arrange a meeting around that

GMT +12:00
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*   (ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT* Empty

Back to top Go down
 
(ARCHIVED) MUMBLE SERVER *IMPORTANT*
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Music server question
» Newbie - Help with some trees please

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruined World Development :: Other Topics :: Other Topics-
Jump to: