Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nueva Centuria

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sgt0pimienta

Nueva Centuria Empty
PostSubject: Nueva Centuria   Nueva Centuria EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 am

PostSubject: Re: Nueva Centuria Sun May 29, 2011 1:40 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
list of buildings:The town Hall,4-6 reactors,robot factory,the underground database,the shaft to the undergound database,dome,4-7 house models (more placed),robot hangar,global antenna facilityDETAILS AND LIGHTING.

writen down
not writen down

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The town hall:

My idea was a base of,like,20 x 20 to 30x30 or so,and a height of...well,a regular minecraf skycraper,ranging between 40 to 50 blocks,mostly a huge modern tower with enough space for corridors and ofices,same template for all the floors except an underground parking lot (2 levels)(optional) the lobby (1-2 levels) the ceiling of each level must be 3 blocks high (so its not claustrofobic),and finally,on top,a huge room made out of glass with stone support for the cumputer system in the center and the small consoles on the cardinal points (N,S,W,E) the computer could include some bookcases with some messages,for example,the downloaded data from the database,the computer in the center must give that "master mind" GlaDOS style,it mus be mysterious,so far i thought there could be a hidden chest inside it containting 1 diamond and two artifacts.

the whole building is lit,but there are small dark sections.

IMPORTANT:for the heights of the buildings to be possible,the city must be build in a large,smooth depression below sea level

New stuff (you might havn't read)

The top of the hall should be a glass dome with NO lighting,only some turned off and turned on monitors(pumpkins)to give light,like noone placed lights there because it was completely meant for robots,well the idea of the glass dome is because once you did the "great and perilous" journey to the top of the hall,you would have a great view,once you killed the monsters that would spawn in there because of lack of light at night and the damn (its quite cool) sunscreen plugin,of course,it should be full of computers and consoles,also,to make it look real there should be stone supports for the computers,i would really like this room to be sealed and only being to breake in with dinamite (placing a sign),and to place the cherry of the cake,some juciy loot inside the main computer Smile.

The town hall must have raider camps INSIDE of it,like in cleared offices and other places,maybe small tents in some rooms,or who knows,just some surprises and dangers to make the bulding worth it,of course,as described in the building section,it would have some big dark sections where mutants and fuelbots would stalk you

also,the town hall must NOT just look like a plane rectangular prism,it should have some detail on the outside as well as windows for its three block high floors (like 15 floors) the detail outside should be something like...the...ok,Empire state (please don't kill me),of course,it must just look a bit like it and i think the window style is good,but it must NOT be anything like a replica because its just illogical and dumb,also,dangridas would eat me alive Smile.

finally,the shape as well must not be just a rectangular prism with some detail outside and windows,i wold like the first three floors to be slightly wider,having te same theme and specifications,like the small camps of raiders,wich would be a bit more common on the base,and get less common as you get to the top,and mor sections are out of light,meaning your problem on the top will be mutants Smile

I really don't know if i posted it so,the town hall must be exactly in the center of the city,and the dome,probably making a circular light hatch made of glass on tip of the dome,the same radius as the glass dome thing on top of the town hall,so if its day,the town hall's "summit thing" will be iluminated if its day

oh,btw,i made some changes some days ago to the regular description,re read if you want,but if you are sure you DID read it with the changes,then its ok Razz,im so sorry for adding stuff like this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

house models:

there are two kinds of house,raider camp houses and the houses the A.I made for the group of people (30 people) before they left,the original houses should be 8x12 blocks (you can only find 2 in the city),they should have two floors,basiclly they are tight spaces for the colonizers to live,there are some rooms upstairs and some downstairs (3 upstairs and 2 downstairs) all have around 3 beds because the A.I couldn't make personal rooms with so litlle time,meaning that around 15 people shared the same house in the upper empty space there was a small enetrainment place with some electronic devices the A.I's bots could salvage,downstairs,and empty kitchen with some furnaces and crafting benches,chests containing some goods.

The camp house models must be: A litlle wooden structure and a woolen tent in camps placed by the raiders,one out of 2 must have a raider spawner inside and all must have some loot,the template...i leave this up to ex,just make a nice tent with a chest,beds and acrafting table,thats all its needed,same with the wooden structure,a camp must have 2-6 tents/wooden structures and for every 2,one must have a spawner,meaning that if you find a four tent camp,you will find two spawners,or a six tent camp,three will have spawners,but with all of them combined there must be:Armor,Minerals,food,tools,weapons and goods,not too much but a good cuantity considering they found an intact city,and you will fight them even if they have 3 spawners,but remember,they are raiders,not weapon dealers.

why are there houses? :Of course the first thing the A.I noticed when it was reactivated was that there was a litlle group of humans so it started making houses as its first task,of course,there were to litlle people and they soon left,so it could only make 2 houses on diferent places of the city,of course,the houses were left intact an now content nothing,no loot no anything

About the placing,this camps could be found in:

1:big buildings (cleared spaces and big rooms)
2:streets
3:outside the city's limits (domes)

they must not have powernodes at all,the armor should be used (if you can use the powerfull inv edit),as for the wooden stucture,it sounds like a big house but it should be just as small as the tents,wich instead of having all the stuff should only have beds,crafting bench and a chest,a bit more poor cuantity of loot thatn described up there,this camps should have a fire in the center (if it doesn't kill them) and all types of cams should be found in the city (2 and 4 tent camps) no longer six bcause of the space,so,around...4-8 camps inside and...4-8 camps around the city.

as for camps inside buildings,they should be in big roms with some stuff cleared,and only one tent that could,or could not have a spawner,if you think of it,there could ony be like...1-2 camps per building (like 4 in the town hall),i suggest they are not saturated,and also,they could just be abandomned in some cases,with just some very basic loot,just use them as a surprize,not something general in buildings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactor template:

it must be a 10x10 building with a 5x5 column that looks like a reactor in the center,all reactors must be connected with two stone pipes with some vents (making a road in the middle)and powered redstone (on top of the pipes),inside the reactor ypu find a 5x5 stone column,but the walls of this column are furnaces and vents,in the inside (4x4) you will only find rock,but if you mine up (to the outside part of the reactor column,you may find A.robo fuel B.nothing C.Power cells,on the sides you have monitors and a chest on each side,this chest may contain varied loots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reactor lobby thing:

this building is connected to the reactors,you can only get in/out though this building (he reactors are connected in a way you cant get out,using pipes to block the way out,only letting you move to the lobby or othe reactors),when you enter there must be a bar with stuck to the left part of the front wall with some and some monitors and bookcases,on the right side of the front wall there must be an iron door,wich leads to a room with filled with monitors saying stay tuned (pumkins) all on,except on the front wall,that wall must be empty and have an iron door that connects to a reactor with a walkway using the same reactor walkway template,this building must be kind of like 7 to the front (when you get in) and 12 to the sides,i have o idea of how this building should be more than that
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Database:

the idea is to make a DEEEEEEP diagonal tunnel that connects to one really big cave with a huge database,actually bookcases look good,but they are cabinets,so we can't use them Razz,unless they actually are like computers,well,thats the tunnel that connects to the database,and the database is just one big space,but its composed by various hard drives,it must be a huge semi espherical cave with a grid of hard drives,the hard drives are rectangular(3x2) 3 block high "thigies",made probably of bookcases because they look like pc's,i know they dont,but there's nothing closer,basiclly a huge grid of,15 x 10 hard drives,separated by one block from each other,when you go in it must be wider,and the hard drives must be seen from the wide side.

Theloots that can be found should be some batteries and gears,nothing important,the most important thing is that it would be a very important place of the town,and if bookcases were used,you could go read some VERY important stuff,like the origins of that city,a bit of what happened until 2040 (when the city and database stoped recording the most important stuff,and started "guessing")
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robot factory:

A big rectangular bulding with 3 floors,one underground,the one underground would be a huuuuuge storage room,the inner walls of this place should be made of obsidian,the room should be very claustrophobic,so it will be 2 blocks high,and once you have the two blocks high,corridors should be made 6x6 squares,so you go through the corridors and there are chests on the sides,so its dobule chest (2 blocks total) a block (3 blocks t) double chest (5 blocks) a block (6 blocks)and a turn to the left and the right,and it repeats,to,its like a grid,and the squares between the paralel lines of the grid are 6x6,please tell me if you don't understand Razz,this place should be giantic,so there is almost no loot and you can spend a while searching the chests until you finds something,but there must be various things in here,from stupid flowers to power nodes and artifacts discovered by the drones when they made the shaft to the database.

the second floor,planning,this place would take a while to plan,but its mostly computers,LOTS of automated computers and some ofices,a lot of conference rooms,small databases,all sorts of stuff an automated ofice would need,i really can't plan this one,because it must just be a maze of computers,ofices,conduits,and mainly it must look like a clean,well lit place,as i said,just an AUTOMATED ofice,it should be 3 blocks high.

the third floor,production,6 blocks high,this floor must have one block high production lines on the floor,and on top,it must have some robot transporter...pinzers? like in every sci fi movie when a spaceship is taken to its hangar it is transported on the ceiling using some sort of rails,if you still don't get it,think of whatley,the portal2 robot,wich only moved using rails on the ceiling,this place should have some fallen pieces and drones (if all powerfull ex can build drone looking things) wich contain chests with some important stuff,also,pieces of the facility that fell down,containing chests with important stuff,or just plain chests,gears and other resources left on the floor,it must be filled with goods.

There is only one problem,out of the main shaft (A big cilindrical cilinder with vents and some walkways around it),leading to the underground storage facility (nothing,just make a deep hole with some robo fuel so people don't jump in) some scanner drones (ghast) can sometimes reactivate and come out (using a spawner almost next to the robo fuel,so it can't be destoyed),so its fairly dangerous,but if you get to one part of debris or a fallen drone,you can mine it (if ex can build them Smile ) and get everything its got in its storage cell(in this case it would be a chest),including some raw goods (no tools flowers or anything,just minerals,they get RESOURCES,not craft them,or get already procesed things,those go to the mall,but scince there were no humans,the A.I didn't build it,so every processed thing was either moved to the underground storage here,or incinerated)

On the third floor there must be some ladders to some walkways on the walls,these serve as an emergency exit to the giant tunnel connected to the hangar,wich is connected to the town hall,the tunnel must be big enough to have a scanner-drone (ghast) inside,it should be circular and you could use them to move to the hangar,or run from a ghast,of course,they would be dark as hell and the only things that would provdie light would be the litlle light hatches of only one glass block on the ceiling this should be every...like...8 blocks just enought to make it get really dark between hatch and hatch,on the sides there must be some vents,in the same places where the light shafts are.

the trick of this whole building is to make the gloomy and dark storage basement,a normal looking office that looks neat,fresh and clean,and the dark,the creepy production facility,and even thought the office will still look like Zombie apocalypse (because of the texture) but that doesn't mean it can't give the illusion of being "pretty" and actually being neat,i actually am thinking of portal 2 as i write this,like,the really neat test chambers,and the dark production lines,that sort of stuff.

the building...square...something like 30 long and 50 wide,it must be really big,but it mst not look stupid or be anoying.big enough to be epic,but not enough to annoy you,oh and if you count the blocks,its 2 blocks depht,a ceiling (floor for the first floor,ceiling of the basement) the the floor,three blocks,ceiling/floor,and then six blocks,a total of 11 blocks high,OH by the way,the building must be ON the ground not in,meaning,that instead of:
[building]
[dirt][building][dirt]

it should be:
[building]
[dirt][dirt][dirt]

and of course,the entance would have some steps Razz

Well,as we saw,the building is very neat in the center floor,very dark on the undergound floor,and VERY dark and dangerous on the top floor,wich also has the shaft to the hangar (this is one of the only two ways to get into the hangar) also,like the town hall,it shouldn't just be a rectangle,the idea for this one are some columns on the corners (outside and maybe inside),the ceiling,well,some detail there,but thats pretty much it,it must be dark and big but not annoying.

mainly,i leave this up to EX,make it look dark,dangerous and epic Smile

Also,i know i said that the fallen drones should have good stuff,but they should have more gears and no nodes,also,to simulate an actual drone,it should have fans (feathers) gears (gears) wires (redstone) and they could have some "junk" like metal (cobble),batteries (coal),jsut so you see you have a robot there,not a pile of loot

Oh,and for lighting,redstone torches can be used in some places,muahahahahaha?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dome:

1st idea (Aaron_____Awesome):A huge dome made completely of obsidian and lit with some lights (glowstone) sticked to the inside and outside walls,the dome would have some cracks to let people in,the height must range between 10-15 blocks higher than the town hall,the radise must be equivalent,mostly,the height must be based ff the radious wich should leave 20 blocks between the buldings on the edge of the town and the wall.

2d idea (mix of two) just what Aaron said,but without the lights,and now,it would be completely sealed,having four big iron vault doors on the cardinal points,like the A.I placed them just encase someone came,in front of them thre should ba sign that would say ((use tnt,rpg event)) so people dont "mine them"

3s idea,exactly the second one but with some glass "light hatches" and a big circular glass light hatch where the glass room of the town hall is (in the center of the city)

The city has alternate lighting explained in the detalis section,all the domes must leave 15-20 blocks between the last buildings and the dome wall,meaning all will be the same height too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robot hangar

A big rectangular building of only one floor,6 blocks high,and with some walkways on the wall (3 blocks from the floor to the walkays,and three blocks from the walwkays to the ceiling),well,its not square,it has a downward V shaped ceiling with windows on the sides,the place is composed by only 3 parts,the big rectangular inside (kind of like 13x17) wich could have more fallen drones and usefull debris on the floor,the second part would be the walkways,the ghast sized tunnel to the factory,and the access to the town hall (you cant enter the hangar from the outside,only through the hall,or the factory,thats why it should also have good loot but nothing special) the passage to the town hall this time is a human sized tunnel with glowstone to iluminate it and some windows,and the third part,the containing bays,the bays are part of the building and are inside,this may content some loot,they should be connected to the factory by rails on the ceiling,as described in the factory building description too,this are to transport the ships,also,the (scanner drones) ghasts MAY come in,but not with spawners,but by traveling through the tunnel of the factory.

For the decoration,well,it should have tall windows (about 6 blocks high) and have some derbris with some junk just like the drones from the hangar,any debris and fallen drones here should emulate a robot the same way *quote*
Also,i know i said that the fallen drones should have good stuff,but they should have more gears and no nodes,also,to simulate an actual drone,it should have fans (feathers) gears (gears) wires (redstone) and they could have some "junk" like metal (cobble),batteries (coal),just so you see you have a robot there,not a pile of loot.

Btw,the containig bays idea is for them to look like where you would store an individual drone with an starwars style energy shield Razz,so,just take that in count,the hangar should also have some door emulating things on the ceiling,like the drones just came out of the ceiling,maybe just a hole,or some blocks that look like big doors.

Even though this building is still dark and not presicely created for humans (the walkway to the hall is just for maintenance,supervision and some operations,but not really for humans to go and do anything there) this place is lighted properly and made of the lightest materials (not weight,color) the ligthing must be natural,also,a good idea is to use glowstone because if you check the light quantity board,you'll see that glowstone gives enough light for you to see,but not enough to prevent monsters from spawning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Global Antenna facility

this antenna facility is a square (10x10) building,4 blocks high (only 3 block high in the inside,meaning theres a 2 block thick ceiling) it has NO windows,its iluminated with some glowstone and torches,on the walls there are lots and lots of computers and radars,geiger meters and strange stuff,together with those things,there are bookcases with data about the antenna asnd the city,stuff like: Requesting Coordinates...[no connection] [rebooting]...Requesting Coordinates...[no connection] setting new coordinates...new coordinates: X-0 Y-0 Z-0.There is a column in the center of the room a bit similar to the reactor's columns,but this one can't content either robofuel or batteries,on top of ith there is an antenna (obviously) wich i cannot imagine so i need help Razz,and on one corner of the building there are some ladders up to the ceiling wich has a one block edge wich has a fence to prevent peoople from falling during maintenance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPRESIVELY NEEDED DETAILS

ok,so first,the town hall must be in the center of the city,there must be roads going out of the city and dissapearing (like they were blowed by the wind) if the vault doors are used,but even if not,the roads must dissapear when they reach the dome walls,not just make an ugly concrete line to mark the to mark there is no city,also,i would like EX (all powerful creator and god :p ) to add some loot in other places,except for the houses built by the A.I (because no one lived there) also,a VERY important aspect,is lighting.

No matter what suggestion for the dome is taken,the streets must have regular streetlights (using fences and a block of glowstone) but inside the buildings the lighting should be a bit more natural,like glowstone in the walls or torches,lighting COMPLETELY the lighted areas,like nothing ever happened,BUT the places like the production line,the hangar and the storage facility below the robot factory would have light,but they should be way darker,just using glowstone and the only torches should look out of place,like raiders placed them.

The top of the hall should be a glass dome with NO lighting,only some turned off and turned on monitors(pumpkins)to give light,like noone placed lights there because it was completely meant for robots,well the idea of the glass dome is because once you did the "great and perilous" journey to the top of the hall,you would have a great view,once you killed the monsters that would spawn in there because of lack of light at night and the damn (its quite cool) sunscreen plugin,of course,it should be full of computers and consoles,also,to make it look real there should be stone supports for the computers,i would really like this room to be sealed and only being to breake in with dinamite (placing a sign),and to place the cherry of the cake,some juciy loot inside the main computer Smile.

The town hall must have raider camps INSIDE of it,like in cleared offices and other places,maybe small tents in some rooms,or who knows,just some surprises and dangers to make the bulding worth it,of course,as described in the building section,it would have some big dark sections where mutants and fuelbots would stalk you

Now,this is from the old map,but it took me weeks of work and i didn't want it wasted Razz,thanks,if the build team wants to help i'll be very happy

Last edited by sgt0pimienta on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serio

Nueva Centuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nueva Centuria   Nueva Centuria EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am

I must be honest and say that I didn't read all of it. I did happen to notice that you are aiming for rather large scales. I think you should make a basis for what you plan on building and see how large it actually is.
For instance, you want the 'simple and small' houses to be 16x16. That is damn large, both in-game and in reality.

~Bird out.
Back to top Go down
sgt0pimienta

Nueva Centuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nueva Centuria   Nueva Centuria EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Serio wrote:
I must be honest and say that I didn't read all of it. I did happen to notice that you are aiming for rather large scales. I think you should make a basis for what you plan on building and see how large it actually is.
For instance, you want the 'simple and small' houses to be 16x16. That is damn large, both in-game and in reality.

~Bird out.

actually my minecraft houses tend to be about 8-10x8-10...and are ALWAYS two floors high...yeah but remember that those houses (3) were for a group of about 14 people,that means that if we go to math (yay!) we will have 16x16=256,x2=512 divided by 5 (14 divided by 3 houses) 102 blocks per person...ok they are a bit too huge

but anyway,remember that this post was made in ruined world's golden age before the dark decay,the skill required wassn't that high,and if you posted small structures they would probably say "here are some clear coo,do it yourself"
Back to top Go down
sgt0pimienta

Nueva Centuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nueva Centuria   Nueva Centuria EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Serio wrote:

~Bird out.

ok i edited the house sectioon,problem solved,also i would like to say:

i posted this building suggestion as a...dream,a dream of a functional server,i don't expect it to be taken in count until we get quite a good stand in some high ground,once we are back together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nueva Centuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nueva Centuria   Nueva Centuria Empty

Back to top Go down

Nueva Centuria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruined World Development :: Development :: Map-
Jump to: