HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Chat Box

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: The Chat Box   The Chat Box EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 pm

As you can all see I made a chat box. I have noticed that we really have no way of talking with each other live. I made the chat box to help remedy this. If you see me in the chat ask whatever you want and I will do my best to answer them all. Hopefully with instant chat we can clear things up and discuss things far easier.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
aaron___awesome

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Box   The Chat Box EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Admin wrote:
As you can all see I made a chat box. I have noticed that we really have no way of talking with each other live. I made the chat box to help remedy this. If you see me in the chat ask whatever you want and I will do my best to answer them all. Hopefully with instant chat we can clear things up and discuss things far easier.

Great Idea, finally we can actually talk about things! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Box   The Chat Box EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 pm

I think we should do the same thing with the build server. Try to leave it up as much as possible so that members can just join and get building, even if we are in a completely different timezone. (Like me at GMT+12:00 0_0)
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Box   The Chat Box EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:06 am

Aaron, the building server runs off my personal computer, and i don't want to have it up 24/7 for the reason that if someone gets the IP that was not meant to have it, they could do serious damage to my computer.

And as i've said before, we won't be able to build anything more than just shacks here and there until the lore is completed. Heck, if we had a designated radius that people could explore, like in the last map change of Ruined World, i could no-clip and build those shacks in minutes.

I'm sorry if this sounds as though i'm being harsh, but there's not much to build when we don't know what we need built.
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Box   The Chat Box EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:31 am

Bleach_1 wrote:
Aaron, the building server runs off my personal computer, and i don't want to have it up 24/7 for the reason that if someone gets the IP that was not meant to have it, they could do serious damage to my computer.

And as i've said before, we won't be able to build anything more than just shacks here and there until the lore is completed. Heck, if we had a designated radius that people could explore, like in the last map change of Ruined World, i could no-clip and build those shacks in minutes.

I'm sorry if this sounds as though i'm being harsh, but there's not much to build when we don't know what we need built.

Oh yeah I get that. I was thinking that you could just put it up at different times for different people for like an hour or so. Also I understand that we don't have much to build until lore is complete, that's why I said the other day that we need lore about various locations.

(Why are there randoms posting all over the forums BTW?)
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Box   The Chat Box EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 am

Some of them are people i recognize from the old server, while the others i think want to join, but came around when the server went to hell.

Either way, it just shows us that many people are interested in the server, which'll help keep us going Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Box   The Chat Box Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Box
Page 1 of 1