Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
overlord1305

race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: Empty
PostSubject: race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::   race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 am

::Super Soldier Rejects::
During the collapse of old world civlization,the super soldier facilities where destroyed,the rejects,fleeing from the ruins, ran amock in the destroyed world. Usualy they travel alone but they can group up. The majority of the rejects had dull brains and could not reason,so they became raiders or(zombies).Though some(players) rejects developed the ability to reason and think, each had his or her own problems.Defects that heavily disabled them,but they still continued on,intent on surviving.

Advantages:
they all live REALLY long wich is how they are still around(about 10x1 ratio)
could learn alot in their life(depends on character)
tough skin,hard to kill (due to experiments)

Disadvantadges:
defects(depends on character::example;my character couldnt stand the pressure and had to wear a speacial suit,slowing me down)
::defects have to be big,for we are rejects of a super soldier project::
very few of us,main portion are (zombies)
cant think huge( we cant understand things like quantum phisics but we can be scientists)
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::   race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:00 am

I'm not sure how much Ktrey will like the idea of "Super Soldiers". The main reason is "What is a Super Soldier?".

A Super Soldier is pretty much someone who can do almost anything. In the previous application, you had questions like:

Can your character fight?
Can your character farm?
Can your character build?
Can your character mine?
Can your character read/write?
Can your character ETC ETC.

And for a Super Soldier, the answer for those questions would be a one-word "Yes.". In other words, it's Barbie Syndrome.

Whenever someone would apply like that on the old server, they'd get a response that goes like "You can't have a fuckin' super soldier. Learn how to make a character. No Barbie Syndrome blah blah blah".

I would be against "Super Soldiers" 100%, and i'm about 98% sure ktrey would be too. It doesn't make well for a good roleplay experience, and that is because if he can do EVERYTHING, then why "pay" or "trade" someone supplies for supplies/a job in return?

The other thing is that EVERYONE would want to be a "Super Soldier" and then you have OP characters play SSP with a drop of RP in it. It's not fun and ruins the experience.

On a side note, there was something on the old server where you could "learn" from someone else who knew how to do it. I can't remember if this was in Haven or Advent, but over the course of a few hours in game IN CHARACTER, someone who didn't know how to read/write learned to read/write. And i'm not saying like something along the lines of:

Player 1: "Hey Stranger. I don't know how to mine...."
Player 2: "Well, I'll teach you!! Here's a Stone Pickaxe. Now, just swing it as hard as you can on that rock"/
Player 1: "I DID IT! I KNOW HOW TO MINE!" *Goes and mines diamond*
(And all that happening in less than 2min.)

I'm not sure if Ktrey would want to implement that "learning process" again, but i would say that Super Soldiers are not a good character/race to play as in an RP.

EDIT: And things like that "Defect" you put your character as... Is that just like, a special suit, or like, armor? Because if you design a character that has armor, you can't wear armor in-game(like Leather, Iron, or Diamond armor.). That was a rule from previous Ruined World, and i assume it'd be here too.
Back to top Go down
bjackman

PostSubject: Re: race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::   race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:14 pm

If the defect was large enough that it impeded the characters ability to mine - just as an example - then I think it could be justified. Nobody wants perfect soldiers running around the wastelands doing whatever they want, but the whole point of this race is that they tried to be super soldiers but failed whatever tests they may have faced (Or I think it is, atleast).
If that's not the case, then you could add to the background that the facilities were destroyed mid training, so they do not have all the skills, such as mining, that a super soldier would have.

I really like this for a race idea, although I'd want to be wary that all the characters dont turn into grizzly cookie-cutter marine types, eg Gears of War + countless other games.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::   race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 pm

As bleach guessed I am against super soldiers. For three main reasons. As bleach has said they lead to barbie syndrome. The second reason being that 1000 years have passed so super soldiers just do not fit all that well anymore. Its like mutants being zombies. It just doesn't work because they would have died out. The only reason humans survived was as slaves and hidden groups (underground or obscure places). So creatures that did not have the numbers and adaptability of humans probably all would have died out. My third and final reason is that the super soldiers are not presented as a set race but more of a template that has hundreds of possible powers and defects. The super soldiers as far as I can tell will not add a distinct society, culture, or beliefs to the game. They will not have group motivations or plans. They seem to be a race of physically and mentally unique variants rather then a species. I do not want lots of completely different powerful individuals running about. I want players to feel that they are part of a group that shares the same problems as them. I want races to stick together and have tensions between different species. Everyone being their own completely unique physiology will not work in the setting I have planned.

Bleach the learning process is part of RP. IT's not really RP if your characters does not learn and grow. Its more like static power gaming. It will be more of a First person shooter or PvP server then RP if learning is left out. I mean the main point of RPing is to play as a character that grows and develops in a world different then our own.

Anyway that is my 2 cents on everything. So sorry overlord but no super soldiers.
~ktrey
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Zach_Is_Awesome

PostSubject: Re: race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::   race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 pm

bjackman wrote:
If the defect was large enough that it impeded the characters ability to mine - just as an example - then I think it could be justified. Nobody wants perfect soldiers running around the wastelands doing whatever they want, but the whole point of this race is that they tried to be super soldiers but failed whatever tests they may have faced (Or I think it is, atleast).
If that's not the case, then you could add to the background that the facilities were destroyed mid training, so they do not have all the skills, such as mining, that a super soldier would have.

I really like this for a race idea, although I'd want to be wary that all the characters dont turn into grizzly cookie-cutter marine types, eg Gears of War + countless other games.

-emerges from darkness, in a hooded robe- So no chainsaw guns then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::   race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects:: Empty

Back to top Go down

race proposal ::Super Soldier Rejects::
Page 1 of 1