Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We need Funds

Go down 
+8
oway13
Bleach_1
jmaster01
Schwinny
LoCzz
aaron___awesome
Serio
Admin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I do not have the money I need to pay for a good hoster right now. I will be picking up a side job but if anyone could donate to assist me in raising the money we could get this off the ground faster.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Serio

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Alrighty, we'll work this out and get this part covered.

Myself, I suggest Multiplay for these reasons:

- Marco has 1st-hand experience with these guys and so far they have been great, although they are a bit on the more pricey side, but we'll get that covered.

- We talked about sharing these costs, so for both ( or more, depending on who decides to join in on this one ) will be lower than if you'd have to fund it yourself.

Let me know what you think about this here and I'll come back on you.

~Bird out.
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Admin wrote:
I do not have the money I need to pay for a good hoster right now. I will be picking up a side job but if anyone could donate to assist me in raising the money we could get this off the ground faster.

As soon as I pick up a debt card (Account Visa) I could donate, as for hosting I can't help you there sorry.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:33 am

another way I could gain funds is eventually making this a pay to play. I know all of you are about to rage and hate on me but it logically makes sense if the server ever gets big enough. I mean I would be paying and putting my hours in everyday. getting players to pay a few bucks a month would eliminate most of the cost for the hosting and may even make a few dollars I could use on improved forums and such.
Making a server is basically a job and you do pour time and money into it.

As a side note it would also kill greifers and trolls. I mean who would pay just to be a douche and get banned and then help the server they greifed and trolled.

To those of you who are about to flip and troll this I would like to point out you are just following the typical human trend of wanting something for nothing. Besides if I charged 2-5 dollers a month with deals for buying extra months you could pretty much pick quarters and change off the street and make enough to pay it. It would almost come down to 1 extra slurpee a month or a server..

Anyway like I said that is just a thought.
Back to top Go down
LoCzz

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm not saying that you should make it p2p but if you did I wouldn't mind as it would make the server better and if lots of people join again we would be paying minimal amounts each month. So i would prefer if you didn't but its your choice and if you did i wouldn't abandon the server. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serio

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Admin wrote:
another way I could gain funds is eventually making this a pay to play. I know all of you are about to rage and hate on me but it logically makes sense if the server ever gets big enough. I mean I would be paying and putting my hours in everyday. getting players to pay a few bucks a month would eliminate most of the cost for the hosting and may even make a few dollars I could use on improved forums and such.

As a side note it would also kill greifers and trolls. I mean who would pay just to be a douche and get banned and then help the server they greifed and trolled.

To those of you who are about to flip and troll this I would like to point out you are just following the typical human trend of wanting something for nothing. Besides if I charged 2-5 dollers a month with deals for buying extra months you could pretty much pick quarters and change off the street and make enough to pay it. It would almost come down to 1 extra slurpee a month or a server..

To be honest I very much agree with this method. It'll probably also help to make sure that the server doesn't become overloaded with too many players. What I meant with my first post however, was paying for the first few month ourselves to set everything up and get a decent playerbase. After that we could perhaps introduce the P2P system and see how it would get recieved by the playerbase we'll have during that period.

~Bird out.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:24 am

Admin wrote:

I'd probably donate every once in a while anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Well I was really worried you all would hate even the notion of me making this a p2p eventually. After seeing how people flame p2p and watching the admin make a thread stating a forum rule where you are not allowed to flame them I was a little worried. If I do make it p2p it will be probably after the first 3 months. I can also promise you all I will not be some douche bag and demand retarded amounts of money. I think the most I would make it would be five bucks with a 20$ for 6 months deal or something. It really depends how many players we get.
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 am

Flaming? Trolling?

Of course we wouldn't, we have rational thought, unlike half of the people on the internet. But back on-topic, I wouldn't mind P2P I actually support the notion because it will eliminate half the problems the old ruined world had.
Back to top Go down
jmaster01

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:59 am

Admin wrote:

I agree with you as well, but the thing is that some people's parents wont allow them to p2p. Like me, I'm 13 but my parents would never allow me to p2p or even sign up a membership that you need to pay monthly because they would think that you're just wasting money, especially those parents who think that minecraft is pointless.
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 am

*ahem* (asian parents)

Trolling aside. Some people don't have a credit card etc.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:18 am

aaron___awesome wrote:
*ahem* (asian parents)

Trolling aside. Some people don't have a credit card etc.

I've seen that many parents don't mind very much when it's the kid paying for the server with their own money.

You also don't need a credit/debit card to link your bank account to a paypal account, which can be used to pay for online servers. It's just easier to link it with a credit/debit card.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 pm

you can also get prepaid cards from places like 7 11 and other corner stores. They come in 5-100 dollar cards if I remember right. I use them to buy games on steam so I know they work.
Back to top Go down
oway13

oway13

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:22 pm

jmaster01 wrote:
I agree with you as well, but the thing is that some people's parents wont allow them to p2p. Like me, I'm 13 but my parents would never allow me to p2p or even sign up a membership that you need to pay monthly because they would think that you're just wasting money, especially those parents who think that minecraft is pointless.

I have this issue. They wouldn't let me spend my own money on it either.
Back to top Go down
jmaster01

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:07 am

So the server is now officially p2p? Because no one is posting on this forum anymore.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:32 am

jmaster01 wrote:
So the server is now officially p2p? Because no one is posting on this forum anymore.

The reason not much is seeming to get done is that Ktrey had to go on a two week trip or something and he's finishing up the lore then. Not much else can be done. We still need the lore for building, i've got to finish my race shtuff, but i'm lazy and progress is slow. There really isn't anything else to do other than just wait it out until Ktrey gets back.

They said that the server will probably go P2P after a little while of being F2P. I personally think that it's a great idea, to make it go P2P.
Back to top Go down
evilbirthdaycake

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Agreed, P2P will ensure that theres always a server to come back to
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I am glad I have positive feedback on the P2P see you in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Admin wrote:
I am glad I have positive feedback on the P2P see you in a few weeks.

All I can think to say is; Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bishop1996

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Now we just have to find people that will think it's worth it, not that many will though. Minecraft just isn't one of the games that many parents (And yes, half the people wanting to join will be betwen 10-15) will think will be worth it. Good luck with it anyway if you're going to try. I already gave up on waiting.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Bishop1996 wrote:
Now we just have to find people that will think it's worth it, not that many will though. Minecraft just isn't one of the games that many parents (And yes, half the people wanting to join will be betwen 10-15) will think will be worth it. Good luck with it anyway if you're going to try. I already gave up on waiting.

You do realize the reason why we've not done anything for 3 weeks? Ktrey was on a vacation, and away from things like this.

He's now back and in the saddle. Things should be getting picked up on soon enough.
Back to top Go down
tjdrago

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Finally found you guys lol.

OT: When i get a job in a few months i could donate too.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Not many of us are left, TJ. Most of who are left are busy. There's a few topics in the "Off-Topic" section that you should check out, as they are the most recent.

Anyways, glad to hear from you.

~~
Back to top Go down
Pathogen™

Pathogen™

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 am

Depending on the price I may be able to play. I'd be glad to pay, though being a student with a very small allowance doesn't allow for much leg room.
Back to top Go down
http://mysuperafter.noonhost.com/index.php
Sponsored content

We need Funds Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need Funds   We need Funds Empty

Back to top Go down

We need Funds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruined World Development :: Development :: Technical Issues and Updates-
Jump to: