The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't Abandon This Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schwinny

Schwinny

Don't Abandon This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Just putting this message out there to hopefully keep the forums alive. I really don't want to see this abandoned...
Back to top Go down
SK4RR3R

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:44 am

Schwinny wrote:
Just putting this message out there to hopefully keep the forums alive. I really don't want to see this abandoned...
im still here Smile
Back to top Go down
Saper

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Me too.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kthak5

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm still checkin but i think if we start the build server it will give people incentive to keep the thing alive.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm

I think the reason why it's been slow is Ktrey, and possibly Yahyahkeekoot(doing the map + possibly hosting server) are seniors in highschool along with me. Now, that might not seem like much, but consider the following:

I'm normally awake for 18-20 hours a day, so this is based off of that. I know other people probably get more than 6 hours of sleep everynight so just consider that also with what i post below:

~School: Takes up 8-9 hours of your day.
~Traveling on the road during the day - 30min-1hour.
~Homework - 2 hours.
~Extra-curricular activities- 1-2 hours.
~Other - 1 hour.
~(My schedule)College classes in the evening - 2 hours.
~Travel to and from those classes - 30min.

Right in those slots, we have around 15 hours of what looks to be a 20 hour day for me. ON TOP of that, there's College Applications:
~College Essays - 1 hours a day(Gotta get them perfect.)
~Meeting with School Councilor - 30min.
~Regular applications - 30min.
~Common App - 30min.
All of that above is DAILY.

So that makes my day become 18 hours long, with 2 hours for free time. I know i would just want to sit back and relax when working for that long. Ktrey probably has the same stuff going on as well.

I'm just saying this so you guys don't get mad or disappointed when things don't move as fast as everyone would like them to. Most people get their applications for Colleges in towards the beginning of October. That's when my schedule will free back up and i can focus more on helping the server out.
Back to top Go down
Saper

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Glad to hear from you bleach. I cant say I understand where you coming from (as I have not had my senior year yet) but I can say I get the feeling of being overworked. Just glad to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Yeah. I'm definitely going to be on more often. CommonApp stuff is getting finished, but the bad thing is that 2/4 of the colleges i'm applying to don't use that so........... 3 different apps, probably 7-9 different essays i gotta write(250words-500words), and forms gotta get in. The essays are really annoying. Who expects you to write a 250 word essay about a "community" that you belong to and what makes that "community" special? Describing a community many people don't know of and saying where i fit in it is almost impossible to fit into 250 words xD.

Anyways, since i'm finishing up in that process, or, at least 60% done, my goals are really just be to finish up the lore and stuff for my race. I doubt it'll get used, but whatever.

More in the way of server-related news;

I believe ktrey had most of the lore done, and i'm not sure if he updated an old post or what, but he most likely has that. Really all we have to do left is get the races chosen, make the application, (POSSIBLY)reformat rules(if we hadn't done this already), and finally get that map. I'm almost certain the server's taken care of, but i'm not 100% sure.

Aside from that, i'm not sure what else really needs to be done.

Oh, i've also got to bring the Ruined World texture-pack up to 1.8.1....... Ugh. so much Copy/pasting from 1.7.3 xD.

Anyways,.
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm trying to be on as much as i can but well...i'm helping mothmanfan Set up a server so I've been busy doing that...along with my YouTube. and school stuff...Sigh there just aren't enough hours in a day. but i'm still here
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/miningcreepers/website
Saper

PostSubject: Permission   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:55 am

I would like permission to collect all of the lore that has already been written to finish it personally. As I, and any other reader can see, nothing is happening. I've got some jumper cables ready and I'm ready to get this car started again. It's run out of power, and I have come with a generous other vehicle that is willing to share it's electricity. If you didn't get the analogy, what I said was myself and my team of people are willing to supply our time and motivation to this development forum, which seems to be lacking it. All I require to get started is permission from the authors of the lore to get started on it, to prevent any content ownership issues. I hope the authors still check, because otherwise, im on my own.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Saper wrote:
I would like permission to collect all of the lore that has already been written to finish it personally. As I, and any other reader can see, nothing is happening. I've got some jumper cables ready and I'm ready to get this car started again. It's run out of power, and I have come with a generous other vehicle that is willing to share it's electricity. If you didn't get the analogy, what I said was myself and my team of people are willing to supply our time and motivation to this development forum, which seems to be lacking it. All I require to get started is permission from the authors of the lore to get started on it, to prevent any content ownership issues. I hope the authors still check, because otherwise, im on my own.

I'm with yah , Saper. If you need help on anything, just ask, if not, I'll be eagerly awaiting the rebirth of this great server Smile
Back to top Go down
Saper

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:01 am

I hope you guys get back to me soon, because I'm going to discuss the project with my friends soon, and we may start from scratch (as in we wont be using the lore written here at all). Schwinny, if you would like to join us, feel free. Just message me your skype name.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Saper wrote:
I hope you guys get back to me soon, because I'm going to discuss the project with my friends soon, and we may start from scratch (as in we wont be using the lore written here at all). Schwinny, if you would like to join us, feel free. Just message me your skype name.

Wait... Check the memberlist, Admin hasn't been on since Oct. 10th... Just forget it, start from scratch, he wont be responding. I would however be honored if you'd use my Valoshan race in the new server, but that's up to you. I don't have a skype btw, but I may get one for the occasion. I might use it in the future anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Saper

PostSubject: Contact   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Damn.. Good thing I got started. Filled up about the next 150 years. How long should we go for? I think they were doing 700, but thats alot. If you want I'll send it to you. What accounts do you have? I have twitter, facebook, youtube, email, and skype. Xbox too. I may start a completely new forum. I'll look into the race as well. See if I can incorporate.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:56 am

Saper wrote:
Damn.. Good thing I got started. Filled up about the next 150 years. How long should we go for? I think they were doing 700, but thats alot. If you want I'll send it to you. What accounts do you have? I have twitter, facebook, youtube, email, and skype. Xbox too. I may start a completely new forum. I'll look into the race as well. See if I can incorporate.

Just do maybe 400. And yeah, I'd like to read it so far. Btw, my race isn't very well revised or anything and I can certainly improve it a lot too. I sent you a pm about account info.
Back to top Go down
Saper

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Alright Schwinny, here is a link to the new forum. Make an account and I'll make you a mod ruinedworld2.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
Pathogen™

Pathogen™

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:20 am

I'll join in too. Still real interested in a server like this coming online!
Back to top Go down
http://mysuperafter.noonhost.com/index.php
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Whoever still feels like helping out the server, go to this link. We're serious about it this time. Goodbye old forum, and many friends.
http://ruinedworld2.forumotion.com/
Back to top Go down
bjackman

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Schwinny wrote:
Whoever still feels like helping out the server, go to this link. We're serious about it this time. Goodbye old forum, and many friends.
http://ruinedworld2.forumotion.com/

Surprised how did I not see this thread

Yes I'm still lurking here, and now I feel like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Saper

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Abandon This Forum   Don't Abandon This Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Abandon This Forum
Page 1 of 1