Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Development Checklist

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Development Checklist Empty
PostSubject: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

This is what we need to do and what we have done.

1.lore
-storyline
-Races
-Random tidbits to add depth
2.map
-buildings and terrain that fits lore
-Private server to build on
3.Plugins
-list of plugins
-debuggers and plugin testers
5.Hoster
-multiplay or Brohoster
-Funds for the hoster
6.Server Forum
7. mods and admins
8.More community and help creating everything.
-We do not have all that many active members left. We need to grow and organize to finish this so we can have some amazing RP Very Happy

We will have a build team, a lore team, and maybe a plugins team. I hope that in the next week or so we will be in the position to start the server back up.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 am

I suggest that, once you get the MC forums thread up, you guys aren't so harsh with the apps. I don't know if this was still the case after I left the server for a while, but I remember Dan barely accepting anyone. I am decent at building, mostly smaller things like deserted towns or an old radio tower. I guess I would be OK on the lore team, but only if you really need someone. As for plugins, I know nothing. No
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Schwinny wrote:
I suggest that, once you get the MC forums thread up, you guys aren't so harsh with the apps. I don't know if this was still the case after I left the server for a while, but I remember Dan barely accepting anyone. I am decent at building, mostly smaller things like deserted towns or an old radio tower. I guess I would be OK on the lore team, but only if you really need someone. As for plugins, I know nothing. No

Well what dan was getting at was hi quality Roleplaying. Yes the apps were harsh but they also made sure the nooblets that still leet speak and can't even keep up a stable conversation were mostly gone. I will make the apps far easier as I wouldn't mind teaching others good RP. Also we could use your help with all of those jobs just pick and choose. Even if you are not on the lore team you can add and critique the lore so don't feel like you cannot talk just because you chose the build team.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Admin wrote:
This is what we need to do and what we have done.

1.lore
-storyline
-Races
-Random tidbits to add depth
2.map
-buildings and terrain that fits lore
-Private server to build on
3.Plugins
-list of plugins
-debuggers and plugin testers
5.Hoster
-multiplay or Brohoster
-Funds for the hoster
6.Server Forum
7. mods and admins
8.More community and help creating everything.
-We do not have all that many active members left. We need to grow and organize to finish this so we can have some amazing RP Very Happy

We will have a build team, a lore team, and maybe a plugins team. I hope that in the next week or so we will be in the position to start the server back up.

About the lore and races - New lore would be great, but i think that we should cap the Race applications for a while. It will be easier to create a lore when the races have an in-depth past, where we could tie in together where an when they show up, what effect they have on earth when they show up, etc.

The other thing about races is that last night i was working on a race that i actually enjoyed a lot and was adding a full past for the past 1000 years of this race, but then i thought to myself "Hey. We already have 4 alternate races, and humans being the 5th. Do we really need that many more?" and so i think that races we have so far are decent(they should probably be fleshed out a bit more so people know the past of the race, what exactly they're like, ect). Adding even just one or two more races will create a quite confusing roleplay experience. SURE, if we get experienced RPers that have done things like DnD campaigns and other such things where they know how to roleplay with 5-10 different races, then it would work.

But that won't happen. We'll probably get a few of those, and mostly people migrating from other servers that have only RPed in minecraft servers. While they may be good at RPing in minecraft servers, they might not know what to expect if there's a town somewhere with each person being a different race. It will get confusing, and people will leave out of this confusion. My opinion is that we stick with the 5 races we have right now and build off of that, OR, we take in a few more applications for races and choose the best 4 alternate races(Humans being that 5th race). Having too many races will confuse and enrage the beginning players, as they wouldn't know what the fuck is going on when a demon approaches them spewing human-hating words wielding a sword while on the other side of him, he is being talked to telepathically. It won't work out well.

About the map - Once again, we can use my private server to build on BUT i have a few issues. Ktrey, we're never on at the same time, and so it's hard to know what you want and where on the map. No one else has also tried logging into the server yet. You also say you want the map and buildings to match the lore. Well, that means we can't, or shouldn't start building until we finish the lore, and about what i said above, we probably can't finish the lore without choosing the final races.

I would be glad to test plugins, and if Yahyahkeekoot said we could host the server on his computer(i think that what's you said. Correct me if i'm wrong) then we'll be able to test them there, once he's back from wherever.

I don't have much to add about 6-8, but about the hoster - We have to get something set up like how Dangi did. A rewards program for donations. We'd also need to get set up an account that this money would go into. Once that is complete and the server is running on YahYah's computer, then we'll probably only have to wait a little while before some donations start coming in from nice players.

Anyways, these are my thoughts.

see ya
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Well, I'm hoping more people will make races as time goes on so we have a larger variety to chose from to become official races. I wouldn't mind making another unique race either (although I still need to revise my first).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:49 pm

I agree that we should limit the races to only a few at the start but I would like everyone to post anyraces they have so we have a large number to choose from for our starting races.
As we go though I will teach the noobs as best I can and see if I can make them able to handle that sort of racial confusion (I have been playing D&D and other pen and paper RPG's for 11 years, always as the dm as well Very Happy ) as we start to add more.

First of all if you have 1000 years of history you have to post it (at least so I can see).

when I get back from this weekend I will push to be on at the same time as you. Hell I will give you my skype or msn or something so that if my computer is ever on you can page me.

Finally I have a plan A and a plan B for the hoster. Plan A is getting the funds for the first 3 months of a multi play and plan B is upgrading a box yahyahk and I have and making it so we can just host it from here. It all really depends on how the dice fall I suppose but one or the other will be done shorty.

EDIT: I agree that we should finish the lore before building but I wanted to try and push it a bit so people see some solid progress being made. I don't want anybody to think that I am doing a shitty job and leave because no results are here yet.
Back to top Go down
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:36 am

Admin wrote:
I agree that we should limit the races to only a few at the start but I would like everyone to post anyraces they have so we have a large number to choose from for our starting races.
As we go though I will teach the noobs as best I can and see if I can make them able to handle that sort of racial confusion (I have been playing D&D and other pen and paper RPG's for 11 years, always as the dm as well Very Happy ) as we start to add more.

First of all if you have 1000 years of history you have to post it (at least so I can see).

when I get back from this weekend I will push to be on at the same time as you. Hell I will give you my skype or msn or something so that if my computer is ever on you can page me.

Finally I have a plan A and a plan B for the hoster. Plan A is getting the funds for the first 3 months of a multi play and plan B is upgrading a box yahyahk and I have and making it so we can just host it from here. It all really depends on how the dice fall I suppose but one or the other will be done shorty.

EDIT: I agree that we should finish the lore before building but I wanted to try and push it a bit so people see some solid progress being made. I don't want anybody to think that I am doing a shitty job and leave because no results are here yet.

Okay, well.... To be honest.... I based the 1000 years going from around 1200 to about 2200, as that is generally what year it is on the server, unless that changes. The other thing is that i make it start at around 1200 but i got lazy and said in the writing "The world was peaceful for 400 years". not very.......detailed. I have written about 3 pages single spaced in a word document though without those 400 years, and i'm only up to about 1950's. I'll probably go into those 400 years in detail, adding more depth to it... i was just getting bored so i fast-forwarded to the good shtuff. When i'm done with it, it'll probably be 5-6 pages long, single space(i LOVE writing Very Happy. my first character app which was accepted had a 6 page single-spaced 12-point font background. another 1.5-2pages for the deep pain.)

I don't have skype or MSN but i can certainly get it.

If you don't think many people are working on the lore, i can take on that job. I've really got nothing to do. If i wasn't motivated to go hang out downtown for no particular reason today, i could have easily sat at my computer for HOURS just refreshing this forum and minecraftforums to see if there were any new posts i could respond to immediately. I could put that wasted time to use writing lore, although i might want to talk to you about that. If you want to stick with lore like how it was before, i'll be able to write that as well as if you wanted to go in a completely different route. I just want to know if you had any specific ideas or segments in the lore that you wanted and i could find ways to fit that in.

I didn't mean you weren't doing a good job, i just meant that progress seemed slow because of lack of people to help. Lots of people seemed like they wanted to help but only a few people post actively(once every day or so). Anyways, i'll always be glad to help and i can start working on that lore or whatever.

The other thing i want to ask though is if you might try to get the people who wrote the races to write a little bit more backstory of them.... Like, 1000 years is probably a bit much, but instead of "Their planet was ravaged, they came to earth"(but described in one paragraph), maybe a few paragraphs leading up to that ravaged effect and why they specifically chose earth, etc.

Anyways, hope everything's going fine, i'll try to finish that race tonight and get it posted for tomorrow, unless my Aether calls for me. God damn. Every time i visit a dungeon, my flying pig or moa just vanishes..... I even box it up so it can't wander off. Ehh. And those dumb Aerwhales xD. Every time i see one, i use my Pheonix Bow to set it on fire. And i see TONS of these things. And they can't die. No damage is dealt to the Aerwhales from being on fire, and they just set there, stuck in the side of the islands, ablaze.

Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 am

I like the lore as it is now, but think that we really should only have 4 races to choose from. Some races might die out though or stuff like civil wars and them breaking into smaller groups. then we could add a new race in their place. (People could still keep their character though)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 pm

aaron___awesome wrote:
I like the lore as it is now, but think that we really should only have 4 races to choose from. Some races might die out though or stuff like civil wars and them breaking into smaller groups. then we could add a new race in their place. (People could still keep their character though)
We will only have around 4 or 5 playable races at the beginning. I would like to have a lot of races proposed however so we have a few to choose from. I will possibly have 3 or 4 I am going to add myself. I would also like a lot of non playable races (unless you are mod/admin doing events) that can be used as plot devices and such.
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm

sounds good 4-5 races sounds good...and having races that can be used to direct events is a good idea too...i'll not be active for a while though i'll put in my two cents here and there with the lore team but i'm on vacation...i'm in a hotel right now...I'm not here for long...when i'm back i'll countinue with working on the timeline....as i have...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/miningcreepers/website
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Development Checklist   Development Checklist Empty

Back to top Go down

Development Checklist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruined World Development :: Development :: Technical Issues and Updates-
Jump to: