Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ruined World lore as it stands

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Ruined World lore as it stands Empty
PostSubject: Ruined World lore as it stands   Ruined World lore as it stands EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

We have discovered the other dimensions or planes (nether being one). Power hungry fools(probably Silas XD) attempted to link the dimensions and use them for their own profit. They discover a geophysical energy that perforates everything in the universe. they realize they can tap this energy from the earth itself. Using this energy they attempt to make stable portals to these other worlds. The forces go out of control and the world is shattered again. This time with the feedback from its own energy. The damage has been done and the now out of control portals rip apart the fabric of reality further. Strange denizens of these other planes pour across the planet destroying and looting as they go. In a last ditch attempt to stop the planet from being ripped apart by the planar feedback a large group of ulfkin sacrifice themselves and attempt to stabilize or at least seal the portals. Most of the damage is stopped but smaller portals still ravage the surface. The leylines that stored the geophysical energy glow and pulse with the overload they are receiving.

Things begin to stabilize after the ulfkins brave effort. The denizens of the other dimensions are trapped after the ulfkin seal most of the portals behind them and the very continents have been shifted by the cataclysm. For the next 800 or so years man is at its darkest hour. Constantly being hunted humans barely eke out an existence. A few times the population drops to under 10 thousand. If one thing is certain it is that humans are no longer the dominant species.

Finally humans and the others started to reach understandings. Yes some of the denizens still hunt and are considered evil but alliances between extra-dimensional beings and humans have formed. They are now on the rise to power and will dominate the once shattered world. After 1000 years much has healed and much is still destroyed. Will humans rise to power once again? That is for you to decide....

This is the new lore/theme as I have proposed. This topic will be open to change so please give your opinion and post some lore and ideas you would like established.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ruined World lore as it stands   Ruined World lore as it stands EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Ok this will undoubtedly piss a bunch of you off but I plan on including magic with the magic spells and runecraft plugins.
I have planned this for a while. All I have to do is write the lore for it out properly.
My aim for the server is as I described to bleach a post apocalyptic scifi urban fantasy western.
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
Bleach_1

PostSubject: Re: Ruined World lore as it stands   Ruined World lore as it stands EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Admin wrote:
Ok this will undoubtedly piss a bunch of you off but I plan on including magic with the magic spells and runecraft plugins.
I have planned this for a while. All I have to do is write the lore for it out properly.
My aim for the server is as I described to bleach a post apocalyptic scifi urban fantasy western.

Hey, since i sort of wrote out that race that i made before i knew you were going to include magic, and since i'm going to write more for it anyways, is it okay for me to change it so that a form of magic is used by the race?

And that lore looks good but are we going to go in-depth to the lore like how the old one was? like posting how the world went from 2011 to the stage it's in now?

Anyways, i'm almost always available if anything is needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruined World lore as it stands   Ruined World lore as it stands Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruined World lore as it stands
Page 1 of 1