Ruined World Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruined World Development

The Forum dedicated to the remaking of Ruined World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some less important side-lore

Go down 
+5
aaron___awesome
Poloselite23
SK4RR3R
Admin
Serio
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Serio

Some less important side-lore Empty
PostSubject: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:39 pm

I took the Mobs and Ores section for the old Ruined World and gave them a revamp to be, more to standards, so to say.
Same as with the ruleset I provided, feel free to change some things around or add / remove certain things.

Revamped mobs section:

Cow - Wocox
A further developed animal which stems from what was once known as a cow. It still has comparable features like the ability to give healthy milk. Its skin is much tougher than the weak leather of a cow, therefore it can be of good use for basic clothing or even soft armor.

Pig - Xig
Comparable to the Wocox, these animals are a further evolved being of an older specie, in this case, the pig. Much like the pig, they still have a large body mass and can therefore be used as a source of food.

Sheep - SP2
These robots of sort were created to grow a cloth which was much like the wool that sheep used to produce after much of the died because of radiation poisoning. They create this cloth with the natural surroundings on the planet and much like sheep, they grow it from their bodies.

Duck - D2
These small robots were used as portable self-refrigerating bots that would keep small supplies of food and water fresh. Eventually they were rendered useless because they were so small and it wasn’t very effective. The only thing they are used for now is to get some scavenged mechanical parts.

Wolf - Wolf
Not many wolves survived due to the extensive radiation and chaos that went on. Those that managed to survive are, however, stronger and smarter than those that have been in existence before.

Zombie - Mutant
These were once regular humans, but due to extensive exposure to radiation or testing in labs, their bodies have mutated and making them unable to think rationally and cause them to go into a frenzy as they attempt to murder everything that comes close.

Skeleton - Raider
Men and women who wander around the world, pillaging and murdering to get resources they would need for survival. They make use of ranged weapons as that they mostly have an advantage over whoever they are looting.

Spider - Securo-Drone
Securo-Drones are programmed machines that were used to fight in wars to attempt to decrease the amount of human casualties. As less and less people were left, the amount of drones grew to make up for the lack of manpower in the fight.
Due to a problem in the programming, they now attack beings in the night, yet during the day, when there is shed light upon the person, it can recognize it as a friendly being and will remain passive until attacked.

Creeper - Fuelbot
These creations are comparable to a sort of TNT, except that they can recognize humans and will go into the offensive upon spotting one. They will ignite themselves and explode if they reach their target in close range.

ZombiePigMan - Mutant - Mutated Scientist
To a certain extent they are comparable to mutants. They are the scientists who worked in the testing labs. Unlike the more common mutants, they are passive / aggressive and they reside in an alternate world which has been discovered. The most common naming of the different dimension is the Nether.

Ghast - Scanning Drone
These drones were made and sent into the Nether to scout around the new world and gather information for the outside world to research what goes inside the Nether. Not knowing what was in the Nether, the drones were equipped with cannons to protect themselves from any possible danger they could stumble upon. Due to the differing frequencies in this other dimension, the programming of the drones failed and they attacked practically everyone that entered and came close to them.

Slime - [Unknown]
Not much is known about this weird sludge creature. All that is known is that it seems to be made from toxic waste. The creatures are usually only found in dark, deep places within the earth and are aggressive. They come in varying sizes, of which the smallest ones are pretty much harmless.

As the people that have been on the older server know, the Ores section was never truely complete. I went ahead and added the ores that should have been in there too.
Revamped Ores section:

Coal - Batteries
Batteries can be used for powering the most basic things, like a light source or an oven.

Iron - Gears
These gears can be used for a great deal of things if you know how to work with it. Most of its uses comes from melting the gears and then reforming them.

Gold - Gold
Having not much use to it, it usually is solely used for decoration. They can however be molded in to usable items, but due to gold being soft the items break rather easily.

Diamond - Power Nodes
Long lasting power sources which have been invented to power large machinery with small power sources. Power Nodes are rather rare, but those skilled with the use of these nodes, are able to craft strong and long lasting items with them.

Lapis Lazuli - Artifact
Not much is known about these gems / ores. Some people are led to believe that they come from outer space. Not knowing what its uses are, these artifacts are almost only used for decoration.

Redstone – Wiring
This hard-to-come-by recourse is used to wire up electrical devices and supply them with energy coming from the power source they are hooked up to. They can also be used to make more complex things like automated traps.

~Bird out.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Ah yes I was just in the process of starting up on this. I like what you have but I am going to change a lot of things up to fit the backstory and make it all have a lot more depth. (most of the original apocalyptic themed mobs do not fit all that well anymore)
Back to top Go down
https://ruinedworlddev.canadian-forum.com
SK4RR3R

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Ehm how about you give the slime a name because one would of beem come up with after 1000 years or whatever
Back to top Go down
Poloselite23

Poloselite23

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 am

SK4RR3R wrote:
Ehm how about you give the slime a name because one would of beem come up with after 1000 years or whatever
ya 1000 years is a good amount of time to come up with a name...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/miningcreepers/website
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

Aye I can agree with that as well
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Considering Ktreys Comment, I changed some of the things;

Most alien planets teem with life, and thus some escaped through the portals before the aliens contained them. It seems that after years of mutation/inter-breeding/Evoloution the remaining animals are strange on this new earth...

Sheep - SP2
Comparable to the common sheep from 1000 years ago, the one noticeable similarity is that of the material growing down its back. Upon touching it, you will find it is smooth but strangely gooey. You see, The SP2 commonly makes huge migrations, and so it evolved to be unaffected by acid-rain -through its radiation-proof coat of "[Name here]"
[Name here] will replace wool as an item.

Cow - Wocox
A further developed animal which stems from what was once known as a cow. It still has comparable features like the ability to give healthy milk. Its skin is much tougher than the weak leather of a cow, therefore it can be of good use for basic clothing or even soft armor. Wocox are much smaller as they have needed to duck into cliff faces to avoid the desperate raiders who try to hunt them each day.

Pig - Xig
Comparable to the Wocox, these animals are a further evolved being of an older species, in this case, the pig. Much like the pig, they still have a large body mass and can therefore be used as a source of food.

Duck - D2
These small robots were used as portable self-refrigerating bots that would keep small supplies of food and water fresh. Eventually they were rendered useless because they were so small and it wasn’t very effective. The only thing they are used for now is to get some scavenged mechanical parts.

Wolf - Wolf
Not many wolves survived due to the extensive radiation and chaos that went on. Those that managed to survive are, however, stronger and smarter than those that have been in existence before.

Zombie - Mutant
These were once regular humans, but due to extensive exposure to radiation or testing in labs, their bodies have mutated and making them unable to think rationally and cause them to go into a frenzy as they attempt to murder everything that comes close. (This will need slight editing if Zombie Attack plugin is being used)

Skeleton - Raider
Men and women who wander around the world, pillaging and murdering to get resources they would need for survival. They make use of ranged weapons as that they mostly have an advantage over whoever they are looting.

Spider - Securo-Drone
Securo-Drones are programmed machines that were used to fight in wars to attempt to decrease the amount of human casualties. As less and less people were left, the amount of drones grew to make up for the lack of manpower in the fight. Due to a problem in the programming, they now attack beings in the night, yet during the day, when light is shed upon the person, it can recognize it as a friendly being and will remain passive until attacked.

Creeper - Fuelbot
These creations are comparable to a sort of TNT, except that they can recognize humans and will go into the offensive upon spotting one. They will ignite themselves and explode if they reach their target in close range.

To a certain extent they are comparable to mutants. They are the scientists who worked in the testing labs. Unlike the more common mutants, they are passive / aggressive and they reside in an alternate world which has been discovered. The most common naming of the different dimension is the Nether.

Ghast - Scanning Drone
These drones were made and sent into the Nether to scout around the new world and gather information for the outside world to research what goes inside the Nether. Not knowing what was in the Nether, the drones were equipped with cannons to protect themselves from any possible danger they could stumble upon. Due to the differing frequencies in this other dimension, the programming of the drones failed and they attacked practically everyone that entered and came close to them.

Slime - [Unknown]
Not much is known about this weird sludge creature. All that is known is that it seems to be made from toxic waste. The creatures are usually only found in dark, deep places within the earth and are aggressive. They come in varying sizes, of which the smallest ones are pretty much harmless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coal - Power-Cells
Power-Cells can be used for powering the most basic things, like a light source or an oven. The upside to this is that they emit power forever, unless you use them in ovens in which the raw maternal inside are broken down.

Iron - Gears
Collections of gears can be found encased in rock over hundreds of years, they can be used for a great deal of things if you know how to work with it. Most of its uses comes from melting the gears and then reforming them.

Gold - Gold
Having not much use to it, it usually is solely used for decoration. They can however be molded in to usable items, but due to gold being soft the items break rather easily. It is also rumored it can charge a power-current... how could this be used?

Diamond - Power Nodes
Long lasting power sources which have been invented to power large machinery with small power sources. Power Nodes are rather rare, but those skilled with the use of these nodes, are able to craft strong and long lasting items with them.
They were so sought after that humans hid them underground, but most of the caches have collapsed.

Lapis Lazuli - Artifact
Not much is known about these gems / ores. Some people are led to believe that they come from outer space. Not knowing what its uses are, these artifacts are almost only used for decoration.
(Should we stick with the "enhances traits" power?)

Redstone – Wiring
This hard-to-come-by recourse is used to wire up electrical devices and supply them with energy coming from the power source they are hooked up to. They can also be used to make more complex things like automated traps.
Back to top Go down
Serio

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:28 pm

aaron___awesome wrote:
Considering Ktreys Comment, I changed some of the things;

Most alien planets teem with life, and thus some escaped through the portals before the aliens contained them. It seems that after years of mutation/inter-breeding/Evoloution the remaining animals are strange on this new earth...

-Snip-

To be fair here, there isn't much that you changed. As far as I can see right now, all that you actually changed was the one of the sheep - SP2. For the rest, you added one line to the Cow - Wocox, another line at the Coal - Batteries and changed the name to power-cells and you added another line to Gold, Iron and Diamonds.

The additions you made were rather minor and I'm thinking that Ktrey was aiming for a more different lore, even though I don't fully support him there due to the reason that they can all still be quite viable in the changed up setting.
But I digress, I put them up and they are up for edit to suit the server.

~Bird out.
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 am

Quote :
To be fair here, there isn't much that you changed. As far as I can see right now, all that you actually changed was the one of the sheep - SP2. For the rest, you added one line to the Cow - Wocox, another line at the Coal - Batteries and changed the name to power-cells and you added another line to Gold, Iron and Diamonds.

The additions you made were rather minor and I'm thinking that Ktrey was aiming for a more different lore, even though I don't fully support him there due to the reason that they can all still be quite viable in the changed up setting.
But I digress, I put them up and they are up for edit to suit the server.

~Bird out.

Eh, I suppose thats true but I had to go eat before editing the rest
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 am

well again this is a super rough draft but just to demonstrate more of what I meant when I said changing the mobs to fit the server a bit better.

Spiders- Robo Drones

When the Robots investigated the cosmic storm most of their ships took serious damage and had to crash land on earth. The hordes now running rampant on earth swarmed over the stranded robots. Some escaped underground and began to create massive hive cities very similar to anthills or termite mounds. The Robo "Drones" are the scouts and workers of the robotic "Hive" cities. Not much is know about the Drones or the hive cities. Without the advantage of night the Drone usually do not attack humans unless attacked first. They patrol the surface for resources to create more bots and other exploitable finds.
The Drones can run on pretty much any power source including biofuel and have been known to kill and burn humans to remain functional. Avoid whenever possible.

Again this is just a rough draft and open for any amount of thrashing you all wish to give it. I hope the example I have provided lends some insight at what I was aiming for.
~ktrey
Back to top Go down
aaron___awesome

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 am

Admin wrote:
well again this is a super rough draft but just to demonstrate more of what I meant when I said changing the mobs to fit the server a bit better.

-snip-

Ok I see, A "Modernization" I'll work on some lore over the week at lunch break (Holidays end on Monday)
Back to top Go down
Tibiscus

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:20 am

Serio wrote:
I took the Mobs and Ores section for the old Ruined World and gave them a revamp to be, more to standards, so to say.
Same as with the ruleset I provided, feel free to change some things around or add / remove certain things.

Revamped mobs section:

Cow - Wocox
A further developed animal which stems from what was once known as a cow. It still has comparable features like the ability to give healthy milk. Its skin is much tougher than the weak leather of a cow, therefore it can be of good use for basic clothing or even soft armor.

Pig - Xig
Comparable to the Wocox, these animals are a further evolved being of an older specie, in this case, the pig. Much like the pig, they still have a large body mass and can therefore be used as a source of food.

Sheep - SP2
These robots of sort were created to grow a cloth which was much like the wool that sheep used to produce after much of the died because of radiation poisoning. They create this cloth with the natural surroundings on the planet and much like sheep, they grow it from their bodies.

Duck - D2

Wolf - Wolf

Zombie - Mutant
These were once regular humans, but due to extensive exposure to radiation or testing in labs, their bodies have mutated and making them unable to think rationally and cause them to go into a frenzy as they attempt to murder everything that comes close.

Skeleton - Raider

Spider - Securo-Drone
Securo-Drones are programmed machines that were used to fight in wars to attempt to decrease the amount of human casualties. As less and less people were left, the amount of drones grew to make up for the lack of manpower in the fight.
Due to a problem in the programming, they now attack beings in the night, yet during the day, when there is shed light upon the person, it can recognize it as a friendly being and will remain passive until attacked.

Creeper - Fuelbot

Ghast - Scanning Drone

Slime - [Unknown]

As the people that have been on the older server know, the Ores section was never truely complete. I went ahead and added the ores that should have been in there too.
Revamped Ores section:

Coal - Batteries
Batteries can be used for powering the most basic things, like a light source or an oven.

Iron - Gears
These gears can be used for a great deal of things if you know how to work with it. Most of its uses comes from melting the gears and then reforming them.

Gold - Gold
Having not much use to it, it usually is solely used for decoration. They can however be molded in to usable items, but due to gold being soft the items break rather easily.

Diamond - Power Nodes

Lapis Lazuli - Artifact

Redstone – Wiring

~Bird out.

The names of the mobs are ok but cow name sounds strange what if we call it Subject C2(or just C2) -a cow mutated by humans to resist better to the post-apocalyptic weather.It still has comparable features like the ability to give healthy milk. Its skin is much tougher than the weak leather of a cow, therefore it can be of good use for basic clothing or even soft armor.
Back to top Go down
Bishop1996

PostSubject: Spider - Securo-Drone   Some less important side-lore EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:17 am

The Spider - "Securo-Drone" seems like it should be more of a guardian machine made to enforce the laws of the cities. I think this would match since the Drones attack at night witch would be the lights out, in your homes curfew for many cities and towns during the war.
Back to top Go down
Schwinny

Schwinny

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Anyone gonna add silverfish and Enderman? I probably could, but I'm too tired :3
Back to top Go down
Fuzzlezexion

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Endermen we could maybe implement as a type of demon, something happened to these demons in the nether and now they're stuck between both dimensions. If you look at them, it draws them fully into our world and they attack you.

And a silverfish could be a small digging robot, and when all the robot were shut down, so were they. However, most of them were out digging and were buried. When the robots began to function again, so did they, but they are entombed in stone. Someone must break one out, and if it's hurt, other silverfish will attempt to free themselves to come to its aid.

I'm not so good with the ideas. ^^'''
Back to top Go down
Tibiscus

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:51 am

in 1.9 there will be the enderdimension portals that could be like a vortex between the 2 dimensions where demons(endermen) got stuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some less important side-lore   Some less important side-lore Empty

Back to top Go down

Some less important side-lore
Page 1 of 1